Warfarin and Cheese

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nocturne

We all know that Warfarin and vitamin K don't play together well. You have to watch your greens intake when you're taking Warfarin.

But what about cheese? Cheese has a lot of vitamin K2. Do you have to watch your cheese intake while on Warfarin, or does K2 not affect the drug's performance?

As far as I know, cheese has little/no affect on my INR. Other than cooked dark green leafy vegs(kale, spinach, turnip greens, etc) in larger than single serving amounts I notice little dietary effect on my INR..... regardless of what I eat.......unless I "pig out"....which I sometimes do.......and my INR increases....but not dangerously.

I eat tons of cheese. Ok, not literally, but much more than average. I haven't noticed an effect. I have recently looked into K2 because I am interested in starting Shakeology, which has about 40 mg of K2. Some articles say K2 is actually good for you because the good outweighs the bad, and you just adjust warfarin to accommodate (similar to spinach, etc.). Of course, other articles advise avoiding all vitamin k.

Latest posts

Back