Virtual Donation Drive

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

Zoltania

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
In the spirit of the now-shared task of starting the "Staying the Course" posts, I would like to suggest a shared, informal, donation drive, to help Hank with maintenance of this site.

I know that many people already donate regularly, and some may have done so in the past but not recently. So I would like to encourage those who haven't donated in a while, or who have never donated, to do so, if you feel the site is worth your support. I have just made my donation, and I would be happy to hear from others who choose to do the same. If this concept meets with general approval, I (or anyone else) can start a similar thread every six months or year to remind people.

Thanks to Hank and to all the regular and irregular contributors who make this site so valuable!

honeybunny

Thanks for the reminder, Zoltania. When Hank first posted about this, I arranged to make a monthly $20 donation. I think others intended to commit to similar donations.

KatherineA

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
Thank you for the post. I will set up a monthly donation. I found this site last month and have found it invaluable.

I know that even a small one-time donation is appreciated on a site like this.

I also can relate because I inherited a small, but long-standing community website forum. Everyone else who cared died. Anyway, it is now my baby. forum type software is not cheap and sometimes it seems like too often there is a new upgrade to purchase.

I really appreciate all the time and effort that has been put into this website

Last edited:

Protimenow

As many of us already know, Hank is no longer owner or administrator of this site. It's my understanding that the operator of this site also has many other such sites.

I'm not saying that donations are requested - if only to show support - but, judging from the number of ads that appear at the top or side of almost every page, I suspect that the operator is probably doing fairly well, just from ad income. I'm sure that this operator is doing much better than Hank did.

So - donate if you want (I have, but I haven't subsribed yet). I personally doubt that the owner and operator of this site are in a much more stable financial position than Hank was.

KatherineA

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
MMMmmm well, ok. Thanks for the update to the update.