Very 1st Triathlon

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inlaguna

I haven't been as active posting lately, but I still check in a few times a week to see how all are doing.

I had lived my life wondering what it would be like to push myself on the endurance front. Unfortunately, it was too difficult for me. Even throughout my 20s and 30s I stayed active, but never pressed.

It's been 1 1/2 years since my AVR and I was able to complete my first triathlon. It was an indoor tri so it probably does not count for being hard core, but it was still intense for me. I did the 1/2 mile swim, 10 mile bike and 5 K run in 1 hour and 10 minutes. I actually placed in the middle of the pack and I was just trying to finish. It was great fun and I even felt good enough for a nice long workout the next day ( I guess that means I did not push hard enough).

I write because I am still amazed that I was given the second chance to do something like this. I am also amazed that my little valve stood up to that test. I have been reading the active lifestyles posts over the past year or more and I can definitely say you all motivated me to give it a whirl.....thanks.

Not sure if I am doing any ironman stuff anytime soon, but I am excited to do some more runs, tri's etc in the future. Thanks for keeping me focused and letting me know that AVR is only just the beginning.

Dan

Keep up the good work.

I hoping to run a 5K before the end of this summer. If I can finish in under 30 minutes I'll be happy.

Great stuff! Congrats!

Great stuff! Congrats!

The very concept of a tri blows my mind. Congrats again!!

Congratulations, fellow Triathlete.

I am also thankful for the second chance I have been given by my AVR five years ago. It really makes you appreciate the little things and live every day to its fullest.

Mark

Hi Dan -

Congrats on the very respectable time, and thanks for your post. Anecdotes like these are very encouraging to others. Keep up the good work.

Hooked another one..!!!

Well done - good time.

Whilst we can all admire the elite athletes its infinately more rewarding having the satisfaction of your own achievement...irrespective of time or distance or place in the pack. If you are happy with your effort and you come back for more thats a win for sure. :D

Russell

Latest posts

Back