Valve Replacement.org..........Cyclists.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David W

Hi everyone. I hope your all well and tickety boo. I've not been around for a while to contribute to this wonderful place as I've been incredibly busy. I can see the regulars are all still in here offering support and sound advice to people who have recently been made aware of the need for surgery. Keep up the good work. Ok so here is my speil. Since I have started posting in here prior and post op, I was always aware of the (Donate) button next to the (Forums) tab toward the top of the page. Therefore it would seem clear that the administrators of this site incure costs to maintain the site to keep it up and running for people who need support. From my own experience this forum was such a cathartic find and the kind words and encouragement from (all) of the people in here was a godsend. I feel a true affinity to the sight as it was such a cushion for me when I was in such a dark place and would like to do something to maybe go someway to repay that experience. I am a cyclist and it was (funnily enough) only discovered that I needed OHS for an aneurysm and and a leaky valve, after quite a nasty crash on my bike (head on into a car at 30mph) during a glorious ride around the leafy lanes of Kent in the UK. I had an idea a month ago about how I might be able to raise funds for the forum and do something fantastic at the same time, my idea.................cycle across America.

Now logistically, I haven't thought of this in much detail and have merely been inspired by the thousands of people who do this every year, young and old who share their stories on YouTube. So the Kurx of my idea would be to see how many others on this site would be interested in an adventure, companionship, fun, laughter, sweat, hills, descents and achievement to acquire as much sponsorship money to help the moderators of the site continue their work to facilitate the upkeep of valverepacement.org. Maybe this could be something in 2017? I'm really not sure and just putting this out there. I feel this is something that I am going to do anyway so if you feel this might also be something that might appeal to you and you fancy jumping on board a road trip with a chirpy Welshman I'd love to have you come along. Please let me know your thoughts. The thought of a group of folk with who have had heart surgery cycling across America would I'm sure be an inspiration for everyone.

What say yee?

David

Ps Hoping for a Welsh win against England on Saturday in the 6 nations......

What an amazing Idea David W.. I can absolutely confirm that this site has struggled to survive for the past 14 years and that any help would definitely be appreciated. The thousands of people we have helped, and the many thousands more who will need our help in the future can certainly attest to the value we are trying to provide. I would love to participate in at least a tiny piece of this journey.. Something say in the 1 to 2 mile range.. and I would have to borrow a bike for that much. I support your effort and will do what I can to allow others to see your proposal..

Hey Jumpy. Great news. Welcome comrade.Do you know any others out there that might be interested? Thanks Honeybunny. Appreciated.
I'll sign up to the strava group now.

Hey PG. Thanks for the words of support. We are a bit thin on the ground as yet but hopefully we will grow in number. Its still early days! Yes cant wait for the match.

Cymru am Byth...

David W;n863701 said:
Hey PG. Thanks for the words of support. We are a bit thin on the ground as yet but hopefully we will grow in number. Its still early days! Yes cant wait for the match.
Cymru am Byth...
What a game David - fantastic match - both such good teams.
I sent you a PM, don't know if you picked it up, the forum software does not confirm receipt like it used to.
Btw, I like the PG abbreviation - think I'll keep it like that :) :)

PG

Hey Jumpy. I still cannot find your club? Can you try and follow me instead?
David Ward Beckenham England.

Hello PG. what a game. Yes indeed. England deserved to win. I hope your well. Been a bit busy of late hence my disappearence.

Hope your rockin!!!

David W;n870057 said:
Hows you PG?
Hi David - nice to see you again ! I've just written a thread last week after my echo and cardiologist appointment, here's the thread: http://www.valvereplacement.org/foru...echocardiogram

Oh - I've grown up, see my new username - I'm PW now ;)

Had a great holiday in France in September, loads and loads of hill walking. We didn't get in our car for three weeks !

How have you been ?

David W;n863653 said:
Hi everyone. I hope your all well and tickety boo. I've not been around for a while to contribute to this wonderful place as I've been incredibly busy. I can see the regulars are all still in here offering support and sound advice to people who have recently been made aware of the need for surgery. Keep up the good work. Ok so here is my speil. Since I have started posting in here prior and post op, I was always aware of the (Donate) button next to the (Forums) tab toward the top of the page. Therefore it would seem clear that the administrators of this site incure costs to maintain the site to keep it up and running for people who need support. From my own experience this forum was such a cathartic find and the kind words and encouragement from (all) of the people in here was a godsend. I feel a true affinity to the sight as it was such a cushion for me when I was in such a dark place and would like to do something to maybe go someway to repay that experience. I am a cyclist and it was (funnily enough) only discovered that I needed OHS for an aneurysm and and a leaky valve, after quite a nasty crash on my bike (head on into a car at 30mph) during a glorious ride around the leafy lanes of Kent in the UK. I had an idea a month ago about how I might be able to raise funds for the forum and do something fantastic at the same time, my idea.................cycle across America.

Now logistically, I haven't thought of this in much detail and have merely been inspired by the thousands of people who do this every year, young and old who share their stories on YouTube. So the Kurx of my idea would be to see how many others on this site would be interested in an adventure, companionship, fun, laughter, sweat, hills, descents and achievement to acquire as much sponsorship money to help the moderators of the site continue their work to facilitate the upkeep of valverepacement.org. Maybe this could be something in 2017? I'm really not sure and just putting this out there. I feel this is something that I am going to do anyway so if you feel this might also be something that might appeal to you and you fancy jumping on board a road trip with a chirpy Welshman I'd love to have you come along. Please let me know your thoughts. The thought of a group of folk with who have had heart surgery cycling across America would I'm sure be an inspiration for everyone.

What say yee?

David

Its on. Details to follow shortly.

Latest posts

Back