Valentine's Day Anniversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gerry

Hello All

Today is Valentine's Day 14th February 2002, exactly one year since I had my AVR. Has time not flown?

And by pure coincidence, here I am again in Brisbane Queensland, the city in which I underwent surgery this time last year. I am here on business for 6 weeks.

Next week I go and see my surgeon for a 12 month checkup.

Physically, I am in great shape, no problems whatsoever.

It's been an amazing year, an amazing experience and one that has changed my life forever. Most of the changes have been for the good as I now really appreciate the gift of life.

So Happy Valentine's Day everyone, keep on clicking and remember that Valentine's Day is such an appropriate day on which to open your heart - I did.

Best wishes to all my friends at vr.com

Gerry
(temporarily living in Brisbane)

Gerry,

Congratulations on your one year Anniversary! That's great! I just loved you Valentines Day message! How true and appropriate! Happy Valentine Day to you too! Take care!

Congratulations

Congratulations

Sending my congratulations too...may you live for decades more aniversaries!

Good on y'mate!

Good on y'mate!

Your message says it all for many whose lives have are greatly improved on 'the other side.'

HVD!

And a happy heart day to you. One you won't have to reminded about every year - the rest of your life you will have your very own special valentine. God bless:)

Happy Valentines Day to you Gerry.
I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I'm sure Valentines Day will always have a very special meaning to you as the anniversary of having you're heart repaired. It's special to me too as it is our 28th wedding anniversary. I'ts also now been exactly two weeks since I had my mitral valve repaired and our house is decorated with hearts. I remember well the time leading up to and after you're surgery as at that time I was contemplating my own surgery. I gleaned alot of insite and strength from your posts as I'm sure others did.
Good Luck and Happy V Day.
Frank

Hi Gerry,

Happy anniversary! What a great Valentine's day for you. :)

'Glad to hear you're doing so well. I remember you writing to me about your recovery period and winning your first competative tennis tournament 6 months after your surgery. That was realy inspirational for me.

I'm still scheduled to go into the Univ. of Pennsyvania on 2/25 for a catherization and then for the valve repair (mitral) and value replacement (aortic) on 2/26. I hope my recovery is as smooth and timely as yours was.

I'm also trying to prepare myself for the depression that you spoke of following the surgery. I have to admit that there are a few times now that I feel pretty down if I dwell on the risks, etc. even though I still am anxious to get the operation behind me.

Anyway, congratulations again. I'll have a Foster's in honor of your milestone.

Ron K.

Back