Update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Praline

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
I realize that I have not been here in a long time. This breast cancer proved to be more involved than I thought. When I got the results of clean margins and clean nodes I figured I was heading to radiation and then done with it. BUT that cancer was very aggressive. On a scale of 1-3, it was a 3. Also it is "triple negative". Positive cancer can be treated with Tamoxifene or similar drugs. There is nothing for triple negative so I was recommended chemo. I am doing Taxol once a week for 12 weeks. I started February 12 and I have 5 more treatments to go. The side effects have not been too bad except for rumbly tummy, NO energy and losing almost all my hair. When I am done with chemo. I have to do radiation.

You "sound" like you are remaining positive despite everything you are going through. Do you have someone to hold your hand through all this? Sending positive thoughts your way.

????? What day is is? (lol) Came back from chemo treatment around 1:30 this afternoon.(Monday) My sister and her husband stopped by on their way home from California. . After they left, it was not even 3:30, I went in the bedroom to get something(?)and lay down on my bed. The first thing I know, the house phone is ring off the hook. I opened my eyes, ... is it morning? is it night? It's dark .. has to be night. And all this time the answ...ering machine on my phone is going yak! yak! yak! I finally figured out is was Monday evening at 8:30. I slept for 5 hours!
Had #10 chemo treatment today. Two more to go.I have been pretty good except no hair...and not just on my head...just thin eyebrows and eyelashes left. I should invest in stocks in the Kleenex company .Nose constantly running! And I feel like I am 150 years old. No energy , I take a shower and get dressed and it it time to rest. And no appetite either, nothing looks good.

Latest posts

Back