Update/Very High INR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Diana

Thought I'd let you know what's been happening after INR was over 10 on 28th June. Next day it was 2.6 because they administered VitK. Went off to London for a Pre Surgery Day at the heart hospital where my valve will be repaired/replaced. Was staying in the accommodation block prior to the day of the seminar when I started to have bleeding. I reported to hospital staff but the hospital had no A&E and they wanted to send me to a different hospital. I decided to return home and went to my local hospital where I was admitted. More Vit K and investigations, Upshot is that I now will need some other surgery.
(for a polyp). INR was 7.6 then 1.3, 1.2 - yesterday 6.4 - checking again tomorrow. Don't feel too bad today - maybe because I'm not having Warfarin, not since Sat evening. Trying to get my head around all this trauma and hoping for better days!
Diana in Manchester

So sorry you're having such a rough time. Just to let you know I'm thinking about you and sending lots of positive thoughts. Hope you can manage to take it just one day at a time at the moment. Every good wish to you. Keep in touch.

INR going crazy

INR going crazy

My INR levels have been going up and down for 6 months now. I go every friday & then have to have bloodwork again on monday.
I stay away from leafy green veggies. I have been on 7.5mg 4 days a week and 5mg 3 days a week and friday before last my INR was 4.0, then the following monday 3.8 and today (monday) it was 1.8. So now i am taking 7.5 mg all week. Oh and i am taking 325mg of aspirin every day. It is starting to really get to me. They can only get blood from my left wrist (ouch). I know what your going thru, I have never had a problem bleeding but i have had emergency surgery to remove bloodclots from my right arm, ( the bronchail artery, i know i spelled it wrong) in 1995. I have been on coumadin for almost 11 yrs. My prayers and thoughts are with you.
SandyK

Back