Update RE: I think I passed out last night

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinityheart8891

hey guys,
Im really sorry I didnt get back sooner, its been a long couple of days.

I went to the doc's office yesterday morning and saw one of my GP's colleagues (she wasnt in) he said that he isnt very concerned, because there are alot of reasons I could have passed out. He said that according to my cardio my heart is pretty stable, so he isnt very concerned that thats what it is. he gave me several reasons that I could have passed out: dehydration, exhaustion, arrhythmia (bigeminy), the albuterol, blood pressure, blood sugar, or the heat. he also said that I didnt need to go to the ER, and I probably did the right thing by not going to the ER, because they probably would have just ran an EKG and listened to my chest and said they couldnt find anything. he said if I wasnt feeling better soon, or if this happens again, he wants to get me back into the cardiologists office. in the mean time he told me to slow down with the working, get plenty of sleep, and stay hydrated (I dont hold up my BP very well, especially under stress, so they want me to drink tons and tons of fluid) he told me to not use the albuterol unless I was wheezing (what the heck am I supposed to do about the SOB then, not that I like to take the albuterol the 3 or 4 times that I have used it), he also said to make sure my blood sugar stays up.

sssssooooo, I am trying to take this stuff and use it, I am trying to stay hydrated, and have been eating a little better, trying to give up my coffee sleeping more, and I gave my 2 weeks notice at wendys this morning......

I'm still tired, and short of breath, I got short of breath walking to the garden today, and I got short of breath in the shower yesterday so I dont know what good its doing me, but its only been a day, so Im just gonna humor him, and see what happens, I dont really want to go back to the cardiologists so soon.

I am kind of bummed out right now, I hate the way I am feeling and I am totally PO'd that I did this to myself, I am just hoping that it turns its self around. I guess this is a lesson in realizing one's limits, and sticking to them, as sucky as it is. Not many people around me understand the "limits" concept, and I think I am one of them.

The same theme seems to ring through yet again: Im a freaking 20 year old, I shouldnt have to deal with this, I should be able to ACT and DO things like a 20 year old. The fact that people around me believe this makes it harder to deal with because I feel "judged" when I dont act like a 20 year old, or when people cant "see" my symptoms because things will be said like "you look fine" "your not short of breath". people dont understand that you can be short of breath without breathing a million miles an hour......

well, enough ranting for now, I gotta get going....I still have to get in the shower before I head out to town

thanks again
Morgan, 20

Hey Morgan,
Stop beating yourself up! You are learning to accept limits; and even though it sucks, it's what you need to do right now.
I've also got some friends who don't understand my limits.....they think I'm totally back to "normal" and should be able to do what they do. I feel left behind most of the time, but I'm going at my own pace.
Listen to your body when it tries to tell you something :)

You didn't do this to yourself! There are lots of reasons why it could have happened. I hope the doctor you went to is right about not worrying about fainting. HOWEVER--I don't think that appointment was particularly useful to you.

You still are feeling poorly and short of breath. I don't like that one bit.

I think you should make an apointment with your cardiologist and get his/her take on it.

I want you to remember that fainting is not a normal condition. It is even more worrysome when someone has a known heart problem.

You are the only one that can take the bull by the horns and get the answers you need to get. And sometimes you have to MAKE doctors do the right thing for you. They can be just like the rest of us, not wanting to get involved with complicated stuff. But there is only one of you, and you have to advocate for yourself.

You are young and it will be difficult for you to do so. You will be facing some older people who will make you feel like a kid and a pain in the neck when you try to get answers. You will have to practice being strong and facing these bulldogs square in the face and telling them that you want to get to the bottom of it.

I really don't want this to happen to you when you are driving or crossing the street or going down stairs, etc.

Trinityheart8891 said:
The same theme seems to ring through yet again: Im a freaking 20 year old, I shouldnt have to deal with this, I should be able to ACT and DO things like a 20 year old. The fact that people around me believe this makes it harder to deal with because I feel "judged" when I dont act like a 20 year old, or when people cant "see" my symptoms because things will be said like "you look fine" "your not short of breath". people dont understand that you can be short of breath without breathing a million miles an hour......

Amen!

Some people just don't get it....

As for acting your age ... heh ... I've never acted mine. And, sometimes, I feel like I missed out on a LOT of things in my younger years..........

Thoughts/prayers coming your way.....

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"My heart is like an open highway" ... Bon Jovi ... 'It's My Life'

I'm with Nancy on this one. I think that you need to see your cardio before you "accept" this as your reality. Knowing your limits is good, but having some doc that doesn't know you set limits on you , may or may not be appropriate. I hope that you feel better soon.

Sounds to me like this Doctor just blew you off. Mine certainly wouldn't have told me those things. I agree with everyone else, see your Cardiologist.

Morgan:

I agree with Nancy: You need to see your cardiologist.

Not to scare you, but I saw something the other night on "Mystery Diagnosis" (Discovery Health Channel). Man had digestive problems for years. His doctor ran precursory tests (including sigmoidoscopy). Man was obviously ill but able to work, etc. Change in insurance plans made him change physicians. Another crisis with same symptoms sent him to new doctor, who ordered colonoscopy, more tests.
Diagnosis: Man had colon cancer.
His previous doctor had every explanation in the book for his symptoms.

In short, when you've got symptoms, you shouldn't buy a pat diagnosis.

Call your cardiologist. If he/she says it's nothing, call another cardiologist.

the world thinks all 20 year olds ought to be the same but that's not the way it is, so don't beat yourself up or even try to make someone understand, when the won't try. Just do your thing as you are able.

I do think Nancy has given you good advice and you should have some further input from someone else. You know you are sick and a doctor should listen and give a good opinion. I hope you get some peace. Blessins........

Latest posts

Back