update on my lightheaded problems

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malibu82

so after seeing the ENT and doing a more in depth 3 hour test, nothing is wrong with my ears.

saw the eye doctor, and i do need glasses. they didn't have any brands i liked so i have to order them online. i am hoping this may SOME HOW help with my problem.

HOWEVER

i have always had lower blood pressure. throughout my pregnancies, i was consistently 100/68 almost all the way through.

before my surgery i was having higher blood pressures then normal, which i thought was my "stress" levels of dealing with all of this.

after surgery it was still higher then usual, but it was never higher then the normal guideline numbers.

so after still having this lightheaded problem with dizziness and feeling faint yesterday i realized i should take my blood pressure. it was 98/54.

my lower number is always in the 50's now. i wonder, could THIS be the cause of feeling so CRAPPY?

of course i can't see the doctor until next week.

hopefully, this might be the answer though :)

Hi there!

Those numbers seem pretty darn low to me!! If you don't feel comfortable calling your doctor over the weekend (I would, however, if it were me) then head for the snack cupboard and eat some salty foods. And you might have some chocolate, too -- a little caffeine. Don't overdo it, of course, but those might help you from feeling woozy from the low numbers.

When my daughter was in her teens and playing sports, her bp would dip down and her pediatrician told me that trick. Obviously not something to make habitual, but maybe it will help you through the weekend since you seem to be too nice a person to bother your doctor!! :angel:

Good luck! Keep us posted. Hope those glasses help -- they really could!!! Expect some headaches while you adjust to them -- that's normal.

Marguerite

I was on a beta blocker for a few months after ohs . I would start feeling woosy and just bad in general.I have a bp machine and I found my bp was very low too.Called the cardio and said cut dose in half. That took care of it.If your on a bb you may want to discuss with your cardio.Hope you feel better.

thank you all so much for your replies.

yes i have permission to have salt and am going to try salting it up!

maybe i will add caffeine back into my system.

i'm going to try all of your suggestions!

thanks again :)

My bp was always 90/60 but has gone up lately and since it started going up to around 100/70 I am less light headed, it could be that I'm getting accustomed to my beta blocker and I've been less anal about my sodium intake.

Back