Update on me!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very glad to read this positive update Jackie; continued best wishes :)

Hi Jackie,

Glad to hear that your valve is in good shape. As you probably know I have the same valve as you, same size too. I must admit I was a bit perplexed by the size of your valve. Your explanations above now explains why you were fitted with the same sized valve as me. I had a TEE a couple of weeks after my echo about 6 weeks ago. The cardio didn't like something he saw with the echo and did the TEE to get a better look. My TEE exam was good and all is well. Good luck to you and I hope you enjoy the new year.

Malibu that is TERRIFIC news!! It takes time to feel normal. Some people take much longer than others. I can honestly say I did not feel really "normal" until 2 1/2 yrs! I know that's hard to believe, but it's the truth. My last echo was 3mos ago. My cardio said the results were "perfect"! Hopefully by the time I need another valve the technology will be much improved. That's what all my cardio's seem to think. Let's hope they are right.

I sort of have a pit my stomach now thinking I maybe should have gone for the tissue valve. In my mind, there's no way to know when the surgery will improve. My tissue valve only lasted 7 years. I am stuck on Coumadin until they replace it with a better drug, but I will definitely be on meds for the rest of my life.
Not meaning to hijak your thread. I'm really happy for the good news for you! I'm now wondering though. Did I not think this through enough? I had both my cardiologist and the (extremely nice, angelic) surgeon recommending mechanical....guess it's too late now anyway...

please don't regret your choice! when i first found out about this problem 1 year ago, my cardio told me i would be getting a mechanical valve. he never even told me about the tissue valve. i personally think mechanical is the primary choice for most cardios because they do not want their patients going through subsequent surgeries! sometimes i wish i would have gone mechanical, to avoid the worry :(

thanks again for the comments everyone! kathy, great news! john, that is interesting, i kind of wish they would have wanted to do a TEE on me too! just so that i know for absolute sure...ya know? oh well.

Such great news! So happy for you. I have not been on this site in what seems like forever, but I'm glad to get on here and read your wonderful post. Take care of yourself and Happy New Year!!

Back