Update on Bicuspid Aortic Valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollyn

I had my 6 month Echo and was surprised to find not much has changed from last October. I'm feeling better and letting go of some stress. Learning how to play this waiting game is a challenge. Due to my symptoms they also did a heart carh which showed some CAD but overall good results. I am learning to focus on the positives and have some time to improve exercise habits, The meeting with my surgeon was brief due to an unscheduled surgery but he reviewed all my tests and feels my surgery, whenever I do need it, will be relatively one of the more simpler types of surgeries that he does. Easy for him to say, but I get it. So the wait goes on but in the meantime I find myself feeling more positive and with a desire to do some travelling and things I have been putting off.

When you say that they found some CAD, what do you mean by that? What is your CAC score, age, and gender?

It appears that there MIGHT be something you can do to slow down the inexorable progression of CAC. Aged garlic extract (such as that sold by Kyolic) has been shown in several studies to greatly slow the progression of CAC. Look of the work done by Dr. Matthew Budoff on the subject. If you have high CAC, it might be worth taking a few pills a day to slow it down a bit.

40 % blockage in one artery but with good blood flow, all others no blockage. I don't remember anything about a score, or is the % of blockage the same thing. I'm a 65 year old female. Sounds interesting, I will check into the garlic extract.

Hollyn awesome news, how is your stenosis ? any word on the gradients . I too have a gradient in lower 30,s and mine has been called moderate stenosis ! They won't operate till severe or symptomatic. I at present dont have the traditional symptoms of chest pain, shortness of breath or dizzy spells...I am keenly looking for any of them. I won't be in the waiting room if I have any sort of symptom . I dont know but I do feel I have a few more years with my valve. hopefully a decade as my stenosis is purely congenital

Latest posts

Back