Update on bbbdirector

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbbdirector

Hello,

I am bbbdirector's daughter and I wanted to let you all know that she has been at the Cleveland Clinic for almost 6 weeks and there's great news, if all continues to go well she will be discharged on Tuesday (1/4/11) and transported to a rehab center near her home! It has been a long road and it took longer than we all anticipated but we're grateful that she has made such great strides and is well enough to come home.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and I (or she) will post an update again in the near future.

I got out of the hospital in early January last year after a two month stay. Sucked to be in the hospital during the holidays but your mom will be able to look forward to being at home next year. Glad she is doing well.

cause for celebration

congrats.gif

Very nice to read; thanks for the update. Continued best wishes :)

Hello All,

I haven't been on in while to update you. Unfortunately my mom hasn't made it home yet, even though we thought she would come home last week. :( She's having complications. Her kidneys stopped functioning 2 weekends ago so they eventually had to put her on dialysis. She got an infection (sepsis), which they began antibiotics last Saturday and she has started feeling better and the numbers started improving, she will be on the antibiotics for approximately 4 weeks. Also, the right side of her heart has weakened since the surgery. The doctors are trying to figure out why the right side of her heart weakened, which was the cause of her kidneys to stop functioning (even though they're starting to put out a little but not enough). Mom is hanging in there though...very uncomfortable...but hanging in there.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Best regards,
bbbdirector's daughter

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to read this and continue to hope for the best for your mom :)

Hello All, SNIP

Also, the right side of her heart has weakened since the surgery. The doctors are trying to figure out why the right side of her heart weakened, which was the cause of her kidneys to stop functioning (even though they're starting to put out a little but not enough). Mom is hanging in there though...very uncomfortable...but hanging in there.

bbbdirector's daughter

Sorry to hear about your mom's continued 'challenges'.

As soon as I read your post, the first thing that come to my mind was possible "cardiomyopathy" (heart muscle weakness) which is a known after-effect of the Radiation Treatments she received long ago.

Dr. Lytle at the Cleveland Clinic is their "Radiation Damage guru".

I'm watching your mom's progress with great interest. (been there, done that, same reason)
Here's hoping that she and her Doctors are able to overcome her latest challenges.

'AL Capshaw'

Good news! Mom's kidney's have started to function again. With the help of latex (sp?) and the dialysis machine they kidney's have 'woke' up and started to put out again. They removed her from the machine on Tuesday and all is going well. Looks like she will move back to stepdown tomorrow. They've put her on 2 different meds to strengthen the right side of her heart and so far so good. :)

Thank you all for the continued thoughts and prayers, its very much appreciated.

Good news! Mom's kidney's have started to function again. With the help of latex (sp?) and the dialysis machine they kidney's have 'woke' up and started to put out again. They removed her from the machine on Tuesday and all is going well. Looks like she will move back to stepdown tomorrow. They've put her on 2 different meds to strengthen the right side of her heart and so far so good. :)

Thank you all for the continued thoughts and prayers, its very much appreciated.

Great News!!!!!

Latest posts

Back