Update from Cleveland

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Cindy

We made it to the Cleveland Clinic. We have had 2 long days of testing. They did do a cardiac cath today - the dr. didn't understand why it had not been ordered previously. My dad did well with the test. They found 2 minor arteries with some blockage. Said they would leave it to the surgeon to decide whether to do by-passes on them or not.
The aortic valve was much narrower than expected - about 1/2 centimeter.... They admitted my dad to the hospital as a precaution. Might move up surgery date from Wed. if they can arrange everything. Thanks to all for your encouraging words and prayers. I will keep you posted.... Cindy

Hi Cindy,

We're all praying for you and your father. You're in very competent hands there at Cleveland Clinic.

Keep us posted and Godspeed.

Best

Best

Cindy
You chose an excellent hospital. You and your family will be in my prayers. The very best to your Dad!

best wishes

best wishes

Hi Cindy..best wishes to you and your Dad. Glad that the 2 of you arrived safe and sound and that all the testing is over. It sounds like a good move to admit him to the hospital. Glad that they did the Cath..couldn't imagine that they wouldn't :)
By the way Cindy..does dad have a name? LOL We just think of him as "Cindy's Dad"
I hope that they push the surgery date up..best to get it over as quickly as possible. We all (and me in particular) are all waiting to hear how it all goes..and are all sending good wishing and healing thoughts to you and your Dad for a quick and speedy recovery!!
Joan

Cindy

Cindy

Good luck to your dad and your family. I know that he is very capable hands up there at Cleveland Clinic. You all will be in our thoughts and prayers. Looking forward to the good post op updates.

Still waiting...

Still waiting...

Hi again..... It is Sunday morning and we are still awaiting word of a surgery date. My dad (whose name is Charles ) is being very patient. We have heard that there is a "possibility" of Tuesday now but nothing definate.... Meanwhile they are taking very good care of him. We have nothing but praise for the Cleveland Clinic. Everyone has been wonderful and exceeded our expectations.
Joan... Let me know when you make your decision. You have two excellent choices. Someone mentioned to us that if we lived in another country - we might not have these options at my Dad's age (80)... This is a good reminder to keep our healthcare system where we have the most options possible!! I will let you know when we have a surgery date.... Praying for Peter and others who have dates upcoming. Cindy

to Cindy and Charles

to Cindy and Charles

My continued thoughts to both of you..I'm glad that Dad finally has a name..LOL!! Its good to know that you are getting the Royal tratment at Cleveland..You are so right ..that we are lucky to be in this country where we have choices and can be advocates for ourselves!! Of course that also gives us choices..and that is the hard part. I'll be anxiously waiting to hear how you and Dad make out ..so I can make my decision when we hear from Dr. Lytle. I hope that your Dad is on for Tues..and of course will be thinking (and praying) for you both.
Joan

Cindy, I think I meet you and your mother at the clinic Friday at the nutrition class thanks for helping me find this great website. Good luck to your dad. I'll see him at G10 in recovery. My surgery is scheduled for Monday the 17th.

Hi abecker1-

Welcome to the website. You'll find everyone here very friendly and informative. The answers here are from those who've walked the walk and know exactly what you're going through. You'll find it so helpful.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery.

Hi Abecker1

Hi Abecker1

Hi Abecker 1
YES!! We did meet you at the class. I am *so* glad you found this site. You will learn a lot here and meet many wonderful new friends. My dad is now up on th 10th floor - G101-17 if you are in the hospital - stop by to say hello. He is doing very well now - may be released on Wednesday.
Keep up posted on your surgery.
Cindy

:) Hi Cindy..Just saw your post..sounds like your Dad is really doing well..I hope you guys go home on Wednesday. Will you stay in Cleveland for a day or two..or go straight back home? I'm sure that your family is looking forward to seeing you and Dad very soon..Keep us updated:) Best wishes for a continued uneventful recovery!!
Joan

Latest posts

Back