Up jumped the devil

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Blanche, I am so very sorry to hear that you are having to go through this. I will definitely keep you in my prayers and send up a *SPECIAL WISH* to the universe for you, and Al. (((((HUGS))))) x

Hi Blanche.....

I'm so sorry to hear about your cancer. I haven't been on this site in so long that I can't remember when. Anyway, I'm sure all will be well. Personally, I don't blame you for being mad.....I'd be furious!!!!! You'll be fine, don't worry, and I'll put you in my prayers right now......Evelyn

Blanche, I was checking in to WebMD this morning about my dog, Miss Sally Sue, because she is now eleven yrs old and acting all of her age and not being her usual self. In that information I found that cats are especially sensitive to other animals when they are very sick - and to humans, as well. There are trained animals who can smell cancer! So your kitty cat is acting like what she is - a loving member of her family that she loves so well and giving back the care she has received from you and Al. I think of you and Al often and have you in my prayers. Blessins..........

Hey Blanche think postive thoughts.

ATTITUDE by Charles Swindoll
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think, say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes”

Hello Dear,

I don't get here often. Very sorry to hear your recent news. As you know....and can see from others. Early detection and treatment is the key.

Hang in there. You will be in my prayers. :)

Thank You, Fred.

I don't have a whole lot to report. Surgery date will PROBABLY be May 20, 2010. Since the date was set 7 weeks in advance, there could be changes. I want a specific doctor and she is very busy at the Mayo and at conferences around the world.

What I do know is that I am stage 1, which is a slow growing cancer. Treatment will involve a lumpectomy and radiation. The length of the treatment has not been determined. Since hormones are involved, I will need to be on a special medication.

At this time, my A-fib is a concern. It's just bothering me most of the time. Needless to say, this is a problem that needs to be solved before surgery. I can just imagine my innards dancing to Janice Joplin while the surgeon is trying to do her job....smiles

Right now, I am in denial. I think I shall enjoy that phase a little longer and move on to the next one soon.

Kindest regards to all,

Blanche

Blanche,
Thank you for the update. You know so many of us here have you in our thoughts and prayers and want to help you along this journey in every way we possibly can.

Thank you for assuring us your treatment plan is moving along. You are a treasured member in this community.
Cyber hugs........

If one has to have cancer, Stage 1 is the best one to get. You will do fine with everything. You will no doubt be on Arimidex or similar medication for 5 years or so. This stops estrogen production. It works well. There are some manageable side effects, but it is a real breakthrough for those whose cancer is fueled by estrogen. I just finished my 5 year stint in January.

Stage one is great new. Slow growing good news. That is the stage of my breast back in June 2007. Check in to the hospital at 5:00am and home by 1:00pm.

Hi Blanche
Just checked in and haven't been on in a bit. Glad it's Stage 1. You'll get through this and will be absolutely fine......Evelyn

Thank you one and all for your kind wishes. Although I'm more afraid than a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs, I keep moving forward and trying to keep a positive attitude. Many thanks to those of you who have sent me cards...I appreciate your concern and humor.

I think that having a surgery date that is 8 weeks away can be a blessing. It certainly gives me time to get my things in order.....and in some cases make ammends for things done that should not have been done.

Since this is a borad specifically for valvereplacement folks, I don't want to take up much of your time with my concerns. But please know that all responses are greatly appreciated and valued.

Many,many thanks,
Blanche

Since this is a borad specifically for valvereplacement folks, I don't want to take up much of your time with my concerns.

Don't be ridiculous. This forum is family and like it or not, your a family member. You'll have to put up with the attention and like it. :D

I have no doubt Ms. Blanche that you will come out the WINNER in this battle.....I feel it in my heart! :) So until the 20th, get things done that you have to get done & start polishing up your dancing moves! :)

Praying & thinking of you.......

Blanche, don't for a minute think you are taking up space on this board. You are a much loved member on here and we are all anxious to hear news from you, so please, keep us updated.

I'll be thinking of you on the 20th and have no doubt in my mind that you will be absolutely fine. For what it is worth, my 86 year old aunt had surgery for breast cancer last week and is doing great!

Kimmie

Latest posts

Back