UP-DATE on Freddie

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freddie,
Glad to hear you are back at home. Hope and pray everything is alright.
Keep that cardiologist-he's a good one.
Take care,
John

Well I'm home, didn't have to spend the night in the hospital yeah.

But I'll have to up-date tomorrow, I'm exhausted. In short everything looks good and my INR range is now at 3.0 - 4.0.

Freddie hasn't updated on here today, but I did hear from her :)

She had bloodwork done, EKG, and an Echo which all looked good according to her doctor.
But to further assess a possible spot on the CT, there will an upcoming MRI done.

Her INR range has been bumped up also.....3.0----4.0
Hoping that she will feel well enough to pop in here and say "HI".
((hugs))

Not much to really say for being at the hospital all day. Had blood work done, an echo and a ECG (did you know that an ECG is the same as a EKG? The "K" comes from the German word Kardio - something that I learned yesterday).

Everything looked good according to my Cardio who took the time to look at the echo findings/pictures. But he did fine a small irregular something in my CT scan that was taken last Wednesday compared to the one I had in 2009.

As the day progressed there was no time to have this Ultra Sound of my neck done, so he is going to make arrangements for that to be done in the next 2 weeks. He (cardio dude) also wants me to have a MRI done also within the next 2 weeks. I asked him about a TEE, he was a little hesitant because of the potential risks involved and now being in the higher INR range. So we compromised, he'll get his MRI and Ultra Sound done and if those results are inconclusive I'll have a TEE done.

Dr. Wells (cardio) almost strongly believes that the valve is to blame for this 'border line' stroke. He knew very well that the echo wouldn't show any crap around it, if there is any, but with my symptoms, certain steps have to be taken first and stuff has to be rule out before proceeding forward. Legalities......what a pain.

He has raised my INR range to 3.0 to 4.0 with a sweet spot of 3.5 - should be interesting what my GP will say about that LOL along with 81mg of aspirin everyday. New rule around home...."Don't touch me, I'll bruise"(LMAO)

Blood pressure - man what a kicker. When I was getting registered in the ER it was 165, during the echo it was 143 at the end of the day it was 122/73. For the past few days I thought I may have high BP, that was quickly ruled out.

So yea, that's about how my day went and how the next few weeks may pan out. I still have a bit of a tingle in my face, doc said to give it time.....time for the body/brain to heal - some scary words. Plus, this event that I had may occur again.....oh joys on that statement.

You won't bruise that easily, but stick to small dogs, ok? The big ones are made of bricks.

Now, Freddie, if this thing happens again, please promise you will call an ambulance and go to the hospital, not stay home and wonder what's going on, OK?

Question: what increased risk with a TEE? I don't remember any risks except the risk of gagging and sore throat.

You won't bruise that easily, but stick to small dogs, ok? The big ones are made of bricks.

Now, Freddie, if this thing happens again, please promise you will call an ambulance and go to the hospital, not stay home and wonder what's going on, OK?

Question: what increased risk with a TEE? I don't remember any risks except the risk of gagging and sore throat.

Laurie, that's funny, big dogs to little dogs. I used to have 6 (yes 6) English Setters, I swear them big dogs don't know where there head or tail is when they come to greet you. The 3 Cavaliers were much better in knowing where they 'were'.

YES! I do promise that I will go straight to the ER IF this happens again (lets hope not)

re: risk with a TEE;
The doc is a little hesitant of doing a TEE in case the 'camera' causes a bleed during the procedure.
Maybe he thinks/feels that I may have to hold my warfarin before this is test done. I'm not sure, I wasn't on the 'ball' when we were talking about, which was very briefly.

Would ones INR have to be lowered in order to have a TEE done?

Glad to read your post, Freddie. You know the drill . . . we worry when we don't hear from people who promise to update and then don't.:wink2:
Hopefully they won't need to do the TEE to get answers, and hopefully whatever is going on will resolve on its own.:smile2:

Hi Freddie
Glad to hear you're home and feeling better.
Just have them give you "white milk" aka Propofol for the TEE. Wonderful drug for having a TEE. Mine was done while I was fully anti-coagulatd without incident.

Freddie,
obviously I posted and ran last week. That's common with me, as I'm just taking a work break.

Neither of my TEES required me to hold warfarin. The first one I was on Lovenox b4 the MVR, the second I was on my regular warfarin. It was never a question that there was any risk of tearing. Just gagging.

Freddie, how are you doing?

Thanks for asking Lyn, I'm doing a whole LOT better. Still get the odd little headache, but no more dizziness, yippee. The right side of my face is about 95 to 98% back to normal - there are times it feels a little numb, but that subsides as the day goes on. There's no drooping and my speech is just fine.

Yep, almost back to normal and feeling good :thumbup:

Hi Freddie,

Haven't been posting that much, and just read your posts tonight. Very sorry to hear of your troubles! Hang in there, keep your spirits up, and please keep us updated. Oh yes, like Agility dog says, please promise you will go the ER right away....IF this should happen again!

Take care

Latest posts

Back