UP-DATE on Freddie

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddie

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Can you believe it?
Here it is Saturday night and guess who phones me at 9:00pm?
My Cardiologist (holy Crap!) Never have I had a doctor call me past 7:00pm and never on the weekend.

I am to go to the ER for 9:00am Monday morning get admitted and have an echo done, and ultra sound of the neck done and maybe a Tee??? - a camera that goes down the throat. May have to spend the night, but that's okay with me as long as I get to the bottom of this and get some real answers.

Pending what the first two test results are I might also have a Advance MRI.
I feel excited and a little scared.

Gotta love my Cardiologist......he cares. He also mentioned something about going on Plavix, but I'm already on baby aspirin....uhmm.

Once I get answers/results I'll let you all know.

Thanks for all your input everyone.

Last edited:
I'm glad he is taking this seriously and hopefully you will have some answers. yes it sounds like a TEE. Aren't you also on Coumadin too? That sounds like alot of anticoagulants if he has you on plavix too, but I guess if that is what ended up needing to prevent this from happening again.or maybe they would drop the aspirin, .But there is no sense worrying about that until you see what the test show. hopefully it is something very simple and easy

will you be able to update from the hospital IF you do spend the night?

Last edited:
Glad your cardio is paying close attention to this, Freddie. I know it's hard on the nerves but getting the correct diagnosis can lead to getting the problem cleared up. Sending my best thoughts and prayers.

Lyn, I'm not sure if I'll be able to do an up-date from the hospital IF I spend the night. For one night I don't see the need to worry about my lap-top if I have to leave my room (or where ever I might be) for tests. If my mind is on the ball I'll ask about it and I'll get a family member to bring it up to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if I have to spend the night in the ER. :eek2:

Yes I am on warfarin and taking 81mg of baby aspirin.

Your right! No sense to worry......what will be, will be and we'll take it from there. I think I got a little excited about the phone call. It's just amazing/mind boggling that he called on a Saturday night.

Sorry Dennis, try to keep up with me LOL

Oh yea, how should I say this........my cardio also said that even though all the signs/symptoms point to TIA, the lasting effects that I have been experiencing point to a boarder line stroke. Holy crap, that's one 6 letter word I didn't want to hear.

Sorry Dennis, try to keep up with me LOL

Oh yea, how should I say this........my cardio also said that even though all the signs/symptoms point to TIA, the lasting effects that I have been experiencing point to a boarder line stroke. Holy crap, that's one 6 letter word I didn't want to hear.

I was wonderring if that was a posibility, We'll just up the prayers..My Brother IS a Deacon now

Glad you are getting this looked at and taken care of. I actually don't think it's surprising he called back on a Saturday night... But it's good that he did!

I have my neurologist's cell number and if I pocket dial him (it's happened...lolol) he calls back instantly 24/7...it's really embarrassing to pocket dial your doctor!

Good luck Monday!

Hi Freddie,
I'm happy to learn you're receiving the care you deserve. About the TEE--I've had two of them. They're not bad, I was asleep during the procedure. The worst, for some patients, is the throat gargling and taste of the anesthetic. You'll probably have a choice of flavours. They told me the TEE gives the best view of the mitral valve.
Godspeed on Monday.
Sandra

Yes, the lasting headache and effects are puzzling for sure. But maybe it's something easily controlled or corrected.
Best wishes for the tests.
Maybe "the boy" can send an email update on Monday? :)

Hoping you get some good answers and positive news Freddie; take care :)

Thank-you all for your positive feed-backs.
Right now I'm getting ready for the 'hurry-up and wait mode' which is to be expected anytime one goes to the ER.

Bina, after today, if there is any of news/results, I'll get someone to e-mail you if I have to spend the night (that will probably be in the hallway of the ER)

Hey Freddie,
Wishing you an early Christmas gift with the right test results. My thoughts are with you today.

Well I'm home, didn't have to spend the night in the hospital yeah.

But I'll have to up-date tomorrow, I'm exhausted. In short everything looks good and my INR range is now at 3.0 - 4.0.

Well I'm home, didn't have to spend the night in the hospital yeah.

But I'll have to up-date tomorrow, I'm exhausted. In short everything looks good and my INR range is now at 3.0 - 4.0.

I bet it will be much more comforting to sleep in your own bed away from all the noise and germs.
And stick with me kid, my INR is always in the range of 3.
We can chat tomorrow....nitey nite. :)

Latest posts

Back