unresolved petechiae

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevanndo

I know this topic has been discussed previously, but I don't think there were any definite answers given. My 10-year old daughter had an MVR last summer and has been on warfarin since. Since she started the warfarin, periodically I've noticed petechiae that appear on her face and lower legs only, but they have always resolved in a day or two. They don't seem to correlate with a higher INR. I've noticed them when she's in range, above range, and even one time when she was well below range at 1.7. For the past week, she has had purple, not the usual red, spots on her lower legs, and they're not going away. She had blood work done, and although her platelets are 157,000, that's normal for her and she's still within the acceptable range, albeit at the lower limit. Her hematologist doesn't have an explanation for it and doesn't seem to be concerned. Does anybody have experience with petechiae/purpura that haven't gone away while you're on warfarin?

Back