Um, I'm on TV.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debster913

Hi, all!
It's been a while...a lot of lurking, no posting, but I thought I'd write a quick update:

A while back I told you about a FOX News segment about heart disease and depression. It finally aired, and the only reason I know that is because a friend sent me a message on Facebook to let me know. Here's the link:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/135990516...ion-link-found

Anyway, I taped this segment last April, and guess which website I'm on when you see me on the computer? VR! And yes, I do only type with my left hand.

Take a look and let me know what you think!

Happy New Year!

Love, Debi

I was able to get this story on the second link you provided, Debi. It was good to see you (you did a terrific job), and I also think this information can help a lot of folks here with questions about depression. Thanks for posting!

Debi,

Thanks for posting this. I always enjoy seeing more detail into how members on this site have overcome a lot. It's very interesting to hear that depression is now being considered as a risk factor.

God bless (love the last line of your signature)

-Steve

I was able to get this story on the second link you provided, Debi. It was good to see you (you did a terrific job), and I also think this information can help a lot of folks here with questions about depression. Thanks for posting!

DITTO!!!!!

Glad you shared this with us, Debi! THANK YOU!!!

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Wake me up inside" __ Evanescence __ 'Bring Me To Life'

Love your hair cut, Deb. YOu look great.
Thanks for sharing. What antidepressant did they put you on for 6 months?

I've been struggling with the blahs (1 year post op now), but hestitate to add any more meds.

I was on Lexapro for the duration, and for me it was the combined post-op anxiety and dealing with my mother's illness that really hit me hard.

Everyone, thanks for your support!:D I actually cut my hair very short in August, and the past two months I have been trying to grow it out to the style you see in the clip.

Love,
Debi

Debbie you did a great job, and you look terrific!!

I absolutely believe that heart surgery and it's problems certainly can cause depression in some people....but I think any major illness can. As far as depression itself as a cause, I suppose it's possible, but I'm a bit skeptical with that one.

I also think that anti-depressants may be a good choice temporarily for some, but not the long term. I myself tried Lexapro for a short time, and it exaserbated my tinnitis, which was became a problem, so I can not take any of those types of drugs.

Good to hear from you. Take care!

Thank you for sharing. Aside from the pain which I foolishly thought would not be this bad I have cried several times for no real reason. Im normally not the crying type. To know that others are going though the same types of issues and overcoming them is so encouraging.

Latest posts

Back