Two months after leaving the hospital

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Mazer

After a 10 day stay in the hospital 7 of which were in ICU, I am delighted to say that I feel marvelous. The surgery involved one bypass, replacement of the aortic valve, and replacement of the aortic arch.

For the first few weeks I held myself to two 15 minute walks a day based on my cardiologist's directions. At the end of December Dr. Chen, the surgeon, released me from restrictions. I now walk around three miles every day and recently started swimming again. I cannot say that I feel better than before surgery, but I am no longer worried about overdoing it given the dilation of the aortic root. I really think that overall I feel stronger and more energetic. So the fear before surgery and the concerns immediately after surgery are now in the past.

Sounds great ! Keep it up. Reading posts like this for those of us in the waiting room are a great inspiration.

Sounds about right. Now the pace of your recovery will probably pick up, as the first couple of months can be taxing while the "heavy healing" takes place. Now that you're released from restrictions, just use common sense and have at it!

Wonderful news. You sound like you're doing great. Be sensible and don't push too hard. The rewards of good healing at your body's own pace are tremendous.

Be well!!!

Latest posts

Back