Two days post-op

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ron, for the encouragement. I keep hearing the time prior to surgery is worse than the actual surgery itself. While I know I'll be glad it's done with, I don't seem to be to nervous yet. I've been sneezing alot the last couple of days though, I'm either getting a cold or my body is trying to get all the sneezes out of the way. :)

I'm glad your home doing well and thanks again for the support.

Chris.

Hi Ron,

Glad to see your home! It's been a rough week for you but it appears your doing fine now. From your post I can see you have a postive mental attitude toward it all, which is the best attitude to have. That really helps before,during and post surgery. Keep that in mind Mainframe.

Just set back and let your body heal itself. Do your walks and breathing exercise and sleep whenever you need to. Within a week or two you'll get back into a regular sleep cycle. I take it your sternum isn't hurting too bad. You haven't mentioned it. It took me a month to be able to finally sleep in a regular bed.

Those meds really do a number on you Ron. I probably hated that the worse too. Who wants to lose parts of days, or not remember what they said. It does tend to make your loved ones get a little scared too, seeing you act so strange. At least that's over.

Keep us posted of your progression. Take care!

Ron

Ron

Saw your progress on the post and so glad you are home now and will recover better now. Thank goodness you are doing so well. Painkillers are a pain anyway. I weaned off of mine after two weeks. At least you are better now and you better be getting some of that walking in. Keep us posted of your progress. You are doing so good. Happy for you.

Caroline
09-13-01
Aortic valve replacement
St. Jude's valve

Back