Tricuspid Valve with no Calcification

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The report sent to my GP was the same as I had. It was the MDT consideration which simply said that they recommend surgical AVR. But no mention of when even though my surgeon said now is the time in September. I think I’m trying to work out what the next step is. Did the ct scan change things for example. I wish I knew. I am actually sinking into a web of despair at the moment. Anyway I don’t have a cardiologist because I was referred immediately 2 years ago to the surgeon. I have called the surgeons secretary but had No return call.
My Daughter gets married in September and just want some idea of my plans - thought this would be done and dusted by then.
Anyway I guess what I’m querying is can the ct scan change what the echo results were. If that’s the reason for the delay then I’d really like to know. Do you have any idea what else could cause the valve to be reducing if there is no calcification? I have auto immune issues too.

http://www.ucaorta.org/aortic-stenosis.html

Just as a reference, all my echos and TEE's "seemed to indicate" a tricuspid valve, but after my AVR my surgeon said it was indeed a bicuspid valve.

Latest posts

Back