Tricuspid Valve Repair

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linkpad

Hi, just wondered if there is anyone here who has had a Tricuspid or Mitral valve repair with Annuloplasty ring and how long it lasted? I have seen so many mixed things on this I had mine 9 years ago and getting an echo next week just to check it. I have listened my TR valve location with a stethoscope and can definitely hear a murmur not sure on what degree it is though...

Hi, just wondered if there is anyone here who has had a Tricuspid or Mitral valve repair with Annuloplasty ring and how long it lasted?
My wife had a Tricuspid valve repair with an annuloplasty ring in 2017 (in her 3rd surgery along with her 3 other valves being replaced). The surgeon said this should be a permanent repair.
She did have a Mitral valve repair called a commissurotomy (that's basically a quick repair job where they poke a hole in the fused leaflets to open them up) in 1997 but did not receive a ring. That repair soon failed 4 years later where she then needed to have the valve replaced (they did this quick repair during a ROSS procedure to cut down the time she spent on the heart-lung machine).

Oh I see sorry to hear that sounds like a lot of surgery to go through! From what it looks like your saying the ring (Annuloplasty) ring repair went ok but the Non-ring repair didn't go so well? Hows the Annuloplasty ring holding up now?

From what it looks like your saying the ring (Annuloplasty) ring repair went ok but the Non-ring repair didn't go so well?
The ring was used to add a bit more support to the TV valve. The TV did not require any further repair than that.

We were told (way back in 1997) that when she chose to have a ROSS procedure that the repair to the MV would have to be quick to reduce the surgery time (since the ROSS procedure requires more time and demand of the surgeon). The surgeon said before the surgery that there was a chance the repair could have been a permanent fix but it was soon apparent afterwards that the repair had failed and would require replacement a few year later.

MV repairs have greatly improved and if you find an experienced surgeon, there is a better chance/hope of it being a long-term or permanent solution.

Hows the Annuloplasty ring holding up now?
No issues as of her last annual echo.

Last edited:
Hi, just wondered if there is anyone here who has had a Tricuspid or Mitral valve repair with Annuloplasty ring and how long it lasted? I have seen so many mixed things on this I had mine 9 years ago and getting an echo next week just to check it. I have listened my TR valve location with a stethoscope and can definitely hear a murmur not sure on what degree it is though...
I had mitral valve ring surgery about a year ago Dr said it should be permanent

Latest posts

Back