Tricuspid Valve Regurgitation

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Dear Fellow Members

I have just had my latest echo results -- (previously I had my Aortic Valve replaced 6 years ago)

The latest Echo results state that Tricuspid valve regurgitation is present, from my understanding Tricuspid valve regurgitation is fairly common.

Quick question to other members --- Do you have tricuspid regurgitation and what is the management

Please reply if you can as I am trying to reconcile this latest observation by the cardiologist

Thanks

I had trace tricuspid regurgitation reported on my transoesophageal echo prior to surgery, it's considered normal for there to be some from what I've read.

Mike1959;n883604 said:
Thanks Tom,

Does any other members have Tricuspid Valve regurgitation reported on their echo's?

Hi sorry if off tac but curious from your profile did you have a repair in 79' that lasted until 2012?

Warrick;n883607 said:
Hi sorry if off tac but curious from your profile did you have a repair in 79' that lasted until 2012?

Hi you are correct -- I had the Aortic valve repaired at the age of 19 and it lasted until I was 52 ---- very pleased with that

Had the valve replaced when I was 52 with a tissue valve

Mike1959;n883621 said:
Hi you are correct -- I had the Aortic valve repaired at the age of 19 and it lasted until I was 52 ---- very pleased with that

Had the valve replaced when I was 52 with a tissue valve

Nice thats a great innings alright !

Dear Fellow Members

I have just had my latest echo results -- (previously I had my Aortic Valve replaced 6 years ago)

The latest Echo results state that Tricuspid valve regurgitation is present, from my understanding Tricuspid valve regurgitation is fairly common.

Quick question to other members --- Do you have tricuspid regurgitation and what is the management

Please reply if you can as I am trying to reconcile this latest observation by the cardiologist

Thanks
After an Echo and a TEE they found that my tricuspid valve is severely leaking and needs repair. I lost weight to try to keep it mild but now it's worse. Checking into what kind of surgeries are offered. They will not OHS to repair thank God don't think I would want to go there again. Already have to mechanical valves..Talk to your Cardiologist to see if they have any more suggestions on what you can do to keep it at mild regurgitation.

I have some tricuspid regurgitation (into the moderate range as I recall). It was very mild before I got my pacemaker last year. I assume the pacemaker lead running through the valve is responsible for the increased leakage. I asked the surgeon about that at the time he implanted the pacemaker and he confirmed that the right ventricular lead does cause some leakage but that they don't consider it clinically sigbificant, so I haven't worried about it.

My Tricuspid valve has been leaking right after OHS. From mild to 13years later severely leaking. Not sure what the next step is.. see my Cardiologist next week and will go from there. They do so many new procedures now. Don't even know if I'm a candidate for them. Right now I just pray alot and now whatever the outcome it will get taken care of... God gives me the Strength and peace about what lies ahead.

Latest posts

Back