tornadoes near

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

about 40 miles north of me, in Enterprise, Alabama, high school and gym mostly destroyed, with injuries of staff and students. They haven't even been able to get round the town to see what other damage but plenty. Plus lots of other areas in Alabama have much damage and downed power lines, etc.

Daughter in Newnan, Ga said her school was told to get everyone to safety this afternoon because of incoming severe storms like they have not had in ten years. I haven't heard anymore from her.

It has been blowing like a hurricane all day here, like 75 mi/hr winds, bending, twisting all the tall pines and we have been under tornado watch until 8 but they expect more severe weather tonight so the 8 pm deadline might extend. We had only a little rain before daylight beginning about 2 a.m. and mostly just winds the rest of the time. Pretty scary.

There is a severe weather measure that is used and our weather people said Fl has had only 3 in its history.

I was just on the road here in western Virginia and it's starting to get stormy here too (but nothing like down farther south). Be safe, Ann, and out other vr.com familiy in the Southland!

Lordy.....I hope everyone affected by this is ok....

Lordy.....I hope everyone affected by this is ok....

We are poised to really get belted again tonight with another snow storm (8 to 10 inches in my area) Hope everyone affected north, south, east and west are all going to be ok. Hensy, I know you have said in another post that your driveway is kind of hard to get through during storms....Are your going to stay home or go to a shelter? I am sending out prayers for everyone's safety....Harrybaby:eek: :eek:

Wow Ann, I didn't realize you are so close to enterprise,alabama! Watching CNN and Fox news tonight showed alot of pictures on that school and close to it with massive amt of damage!! Stay safe please!!

we went to bed ABOUT 9 and wind was still blowing -- we got some more rain but I guess all is ok. I can't see much yet - it's just dawn and all looks peaceful and calm. one of our local TV stations is Dothan and they give us more real stuff than Cnn.

Harry, my driveway is long and firm. The road we must use to get in from the highway to our drive is owned by railroad and it gets really mushy and bad. The rr people won't allow our county mainteNANce crews do much execept barely maintain. there are four of us who live on these properties plus several empty pieces, some of whom won't give up any land for easement to get a proper road. I don't know why because there's acres and acres unused and who would miss a small strip?

Ann, my granddaughter goes to the middle school in Sharpsburg,Ga. and they cancelled all after school activities in our county because of the storms. We got lucky and got wind,thunder and lightning but no tornadoes. Glad you are okay. I saw the pictures of the school in Enterprise and my prayers go out to everyone there.

Hi everyone.

See my post under Mary's thread. By the grace of God we got thru. Several businesses were destroyed along with 6 or more homes. But no one was seriously injured. Prayers and good thoughts for those that suffered more than we did.

May God Bless,

Danny :)

funny thing:

you know how newscasters always say in newscasts 'back to you'? well today I was watching the tv station that was broadcasting from Enterprise, Al and the girl said 'back to y'all'. I thought that was really funny and so typical of this area.

Hi Ann, Glad to see you weathered the storm. You guys made it on the evening news here and first story in World News in the paper. It must have been really frightening. :eek:

We have our own cyclone cooking off the coast at the moment.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml

Everyone is just waiting to see where and when it takes off. If we are lucky we might just get a big dump of rain to break our big drought and restock our dams and some good surf.
All the best with your storms. Chris;)

Back