Tomorrow 's the day

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esvaja

I'm trying to get looses ends together, Even had my toenails polished - can't miss them fusia orange. Still not sure if I can have at least one person during the surgery & afterwards in ICU. This covid has messed so many people lives. Having a last glass of wine. I'm happy the wait is over & still scared crapless. See y'all on the other side. I hope.

Wishing you all the Best!
sorry I missed this last night!

I’m sure youand Your perfect toenails are on their way to the repaired and happy side!

I'm trying to get looses ends together, EvenEd had my toenails polished - Ecan't miss them fusia orange. Still not sure if I can have at least one person during the surgery & afterwards in ICU. This covid has messed so many people lives. Having a last as glass of wine. I'm happy the wait is over & still scared crapless. See y'all on the other side. I hope.
esvaja- I am 5 day post avr, aortic graft and CABAG at Cleveland Clinic. Generally all has been great. My one caveat is the ICU. Very noisy and generally staffed by very young people. There’s a lot of f loud talking, laughter, etc. even at 3 am. Step down has been, a room to yourself, great view, quite. You can only have one visitor who you designate when you chk in.

esvaja- I am 5 day post avr, aortic graft and CABAG at Cleveland Clinic. Generally all has been great. My one caveat is the ICU. Very noisy and generally staffed by very young people. There’s a lot of f loud talking, laughter, etc. even at 3 am. Step down has been, a room to yourself, great view, quite. You can only have one visitor who you designate when you chk in.
Ah yes, noise! Has the hospital issued you with ear plugs? If not, get some urgently! My surgery in 2014 was as an emergency admission, and I gather that I would have received a pack of useful things in advance if it was scheduled. I remain amazed how little respect hospital staff have for the benefits sleep. Yes, I know they have work to do, and need you awake for some tests, but even allowing for that I have been disappointed in each hospital I have stayed in (except when in a private room).

When admitted by ambulance to my local hospital I was initially admitted to an assessment ward, where there were 4 patients in each bay, each attached to wall monitors for heart beat etc. One patient was particularly local, and used to go home to sleep during the day as he knew he wouldn't get any sleep at night! One time I went to sleep in a brightly lit TV room, and another when the nurse was on the phone at full volume discussing moving patients around for a new admission, I went out and said "there are 4 patients in here wide awake whom you can move if you like ...."

Hey, the stats are on your side. You should do very well - and they may even leave your toenails alone.

I don't know if you're getting a Sunday surgery - they may have brought you in for prep for a morning surgery.

If you (or a friend) has an eye mask - a sleep mask - you should bring it. It won't stop the noise, but you'll be able to filter out most of the bright lights.

A speedy recovery to you!!

As good as CC’s view from the room, yogurt parfaits, gift shop, paintings on the walls, roasted red potatoes and secret drawer of graham crackers were, (have you found it? you’ll have to take a walk first! ;) ) I’m so glad to be home. Hope you can go home soon too! Be sure and get a copy of your full medical record before you leave. It’s a bit of a pain trying to get it after.

Latest posts

Back