Tomorrow Is The Big Day

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolinemc

Tomorrow morning, I will be getting the right eye cataract removal. I am on pins and needles since the vision has gotten worse. I am glad to have this done now, cause I loved to read books, but the last few years have been hard on the concentration. And later we will get the left eye. So happy to get it over and done. I am the same age my mother was when she had hers done. Have a great week everyone.

Good luck with your cataract surgery Caroline. I'm sure that it will be nice to have your vision restored.
Vision is a bit fussy, but learning to use what I can on the computer. At least I can read the closed captioning on the television and in the computer where I watch television shows and movies. Color is sharper and can read street signs. Looks like I might need readers. No problems with that, tired of paying for progressives. Now to wait it out for the left eye. The student doctor said there might be a little restored vision when they do the cataract surgery there in a couple of weeks or so. I will take anything for that eye. Feeling better, catching up on resting and light housework. Yeah.

Vision is a bit fussy, but learning to use what I can on the computer. At least I can read the closed captioning on the television and in the computer where I watch television shows and movies. Color is sharper and can read street signs. Looks like I might need readers. No problems with that, tired of paying for progressives. Now to wait it out for the left eye. The student doctor said there might be a little restored vision when they do the cataract surgery there in a couple of weeks or so. I will take anything for that eye. Feeling better, catching up on resting and light housework. Yeah.
Ιt is too early yet in about 1-2 months you will have clear vision, they will measure the sharpness of vision. I do not know which lens you put in but know that there is always the risk of blurring of the intraocular PCO in the ophthalmologist's office, do the cleaning within 5 minutes with a laser called yang.
https://patient.info/forums/discuss/browse/cataract-386

I do not know which lens you put in but know that there is always the risk of blurring of the intraocular PCO in the ophthalmologist's office, do the cleaning within 5 minutes with a laser called yang.

That's YAG, yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser. It's used to perform a "capsulotomy" to clear a "secondary cataract," officially known as "posterior capsular opacification." Apparently that occurs in around half of cataract surgery patients, sometimes years later. Nd:YAG Laser Posterior Capsulotomy

I'm scheduled for this procedure myself in a few weeks, six years after my cataract surgery. I was nervous when I first noticed blurred vision in one eye, and was greatly relieved to find it had such a benign cause and simple treatment.

Ιt is too early yet in about 1-2 months you will have clear vision, they will measure the sharpness of vision. I do not know which lens you put in but know that there is always the risk of blurring of the intraocular PCO in the ophthalmologist's office, do the cleaning within 5 minutes with a laser called yang.
https://patient.info/forums/discuss/browse/cataract-386
Yes I seen that as I did learn from YouTube. And I am taking it one day at a time. It is harder being also a Type 2 Diabetic and thought that might have speeded up the cataracts, but it did not. Stress can cause it, as we went through things in 2020 and still in 2021. But I feel blessed that now I can read the closed captioning on the Television. My mother and Aunt had it done years ago. My aunt was done by scalpel. And she had her redone by laser back in the 1980's. My mother's was laser. It was scary but the surgeon talked to me through the whole procedure and the bed was not bad at all. But I am taking it easy till I go back on Monday and hope to get reader's next week. I knew I would need glasses. Thanks for the encouragement. We have to remember that we all go through other health issues and we are all in this together. Have a great day. :)

Back