Tomorrow is 2 weeks-Post Surgery!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Angelhnter

Kevin has a very special anniversary tomorrow! It's his two week mark since his surgery. I am so proud of him! He has done great in his recuperation!

I think the drugs are still in his system... he took me house shopping today. I know we are dreaming, but it was still FUN!

Take care and Best wishes to you all!
Love always,

house shopping???

house shopping???

Aimee...House shopping as in riding around and looking? or as in getting out of the car, walking up the sidewalk, etc., etc.???

After two weeks?? That's promising! I need more info on what I'll be able to do when after my surgery. Hope some others chime in on this one!

I always enjoy your posts, Aimee. For a 25 year old, you've certainly got it all together! Congratulations on helping your husband with such a great recovery!

Barbara

hi aimee and keven!
wow! house shopping! sounds like fun! you two sound so great!
i'm so glad kevin is doing this well. keep up the good work! the worst is behind you.
be well and keep posting!
-sylvia

Yup... Like Getting OUT and WALKING!

Yup... Like Getting OUT and WALKING!

Yes! You are right! We even went back AGAIN today and talked more with the realtor. We weren't really planning on doing this just yet and are still tossing it around, but we want a Larger home. Our current house was built in 1942 and is 1300 square feet. It's TINY! The storage space is NONE... Not good! But, Yes, he's up and walking around. He gets tired easily but he WANTS to be up and around. Get me the Straps!!!!

Anyhoo... Yes, he has been up and around and active. We went to the gym on Wednesday and he walked the treadmill for 15 mins. He was comfortable! I was right behind him like "flies on poop" asking him... "Are you Okay!?" " Are you Sure you're Okay?" "Don't push yourself!" and on and on and on. I'm sure he wanted to turn my treadmill up a notch or two and watch me fly off the end of it. LOL!

I just hope his recovery continues this way and he is back to a normal life style before we know it. Everyone that has gone through this is SO BRAVE in my eyes. I have a new outlook on anyone who can take this surgery. It has been an amazing experience.

Love always,
Aimee

Small houses

Small houses

Hey Aimee.
I know what you mean about small houses. Mine was built in 1935 and I dearly love it...much personality, lots of windows, beautiful yard, but absolutley no closets or electrical outlets!

Right now I'm trying to figure out where to put my company that's coming to help me out after my surgery, because my guest room has become a storage room.

It has 1600 square feet, which should be enough for one person, one cat, one dog, two squirrels, and three fish, but the little old lady that lived here from 1935 until I bought it from her heirs after she died, converted one bedroom into a den, that I use as my computer room. No closets there.

One tiny closet in each of the other bedrooms, one tiny one in the hallway, and one in the one bath. Therefore, boxes piled to the ceiling in the guest/storage room! Thank goodness my sister isn't claustrophobic! If I wasn't such a pack rat, it wouldn't be as much of a problem. My daughter helps me clear out every now and then, but I really have to keep an eye on her, or she'd be throwing the dog out!

Keep up the good work with Keven. But remember, there's such a thing as overdoing it, too. Make him take it easy when he gets tired.

Barbara

Latest posts

Back