Today's chuckle

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

Enjoy - this is pretty good!
-

> Good for a few moments of laughter for your day . .
>
>
> IDIOTS IN SERVICE:

This week, all our office phones went dead and I had to contact the
telephone repair people. They promised to be out between 8:00 a.m. and
7: 00 p.m. When I asked if they could give me a smaller time window, the
pleasant gentleman asked, "Would you like us to call you before we come?" I replied that I didn't see how he would be able to do that, since our phones weren't working. He also requested that we report future outages by email (Does YOUR email work without a telephone line?).

>
> IDIOTS AT WORK:
> I was signing the receipt for my credit card purchase when the clerk

noticed I had never signed my name on the back of the credit card. She informed me that she could not complete the transaction unless the card was signed. When I asked why, she explained that it was necessary to compare the signature I had just signed on the receipt. So I signed the credit card in front of her. She carefully compared the signature to the one I had just signed on the receipt. As luck would have it, they matched.

IDIOTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the

local township administrative office to request the removal of the Deer Crossing sign on our road. The reason: too many deer were being hit by cars and he didn't want them to cross there anymore.

IDIOTS IN FOOD SERVICE:
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked

the person behind the counter for "minimal lettuce." He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg.

IDIOT SIGHTING #1:
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport

employee asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?"
To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?" He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask."

IDIOT SIGHTING #2:
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the

street. I was crossing with an intellectually-challenged coworker of mine when she asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are blind people doing driving?!"

IDIOT SIGHTING #3:
At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker who is leaving

the company due to 'downsizing," our manager commented cheerfully, "this is fun. We should do this more often." Not a word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

IDIOT SIGHTING #4:
I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into

itself and for the life of her couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.

IDIOT SIGHTING #5:
When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up

our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the technician, "it's open!" To which he replied, "I know - I already got that side."

DON'T YOU FEEL BETTER NOW!!!
:confused: :D :D :) :rolleyes:

Hensylee

Hensylee

A smile a day
keeps the doctor away (we hope).

Thanks for the smiles.

Hensylee,

Enjoyed your "Today's Chuckle" as it really hit home. We recently had a similar experience with the phone repair service.

We called in for phone repair service for a relative whose phone was not working and carefully explained that the authorized person for the phone in question had just gotten home from a hip replacement surgery and was homebound. We also explained that she was on the Lifeline call system and really needed her phone service. Either of these two factors should have been a tip off that our relative physically could not leave the house to make the required call. The phone service person told us that she needed to at least go over to a neighbor's and call it in herself.

We reiterated our story giving more details since we knew the phone person was just trying to do his job. But he still needed our relative to make the call. We explained again and again, getting more annoyed each time we explained the situation.

Finally, the phone person said THIS time he would be nice and accept that we called in for service repair. But NEXT time, she had to call it in herself!

So your idiot's in service post really hit home!
Dianne

Hensylee,

Those were good! I had a similiar experience with the credit card just this Monday. it worked! i signed the card, and she okayed the purchase! Unbelievable. I could have had someone elses card. She didn't ask for ID. Too funny!

Lorraine:cool:

Latest posts

Back