Today marks 38 for me!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njean

Premium Level
Supporting Member
Today, May 23rd, marks 38 years that I underwent open-heart surgery for my double-valve implant. It is a bitter sweet day because it also marks my beloved mom’s birthdate.

That day, May 23, 1975, my mom turned 60, there at St. Luke’s Hospital, in Houston, TX, anguishing over whether or not she was going to get her daughter back. I remember being sad because I had not gotten her a gift and she held me in her arms and said, “just make it through the surgery…that’s all I want for my birthday!”

I knew I was going to be okay when I opened up my eyes and saw my momma’s sweet face, smiling, finally relieved of all that fear and stress that had imprisoned her all those months waiting for THE surgery.

Thank you mom for being there and thank you Lord Jesus for all the years!

I am forever grateful!

Beautiful N Jean, that is truly a story of love between a mother and daughter, thanks for sharing that with us. You are truly a survivor of heart surgery and give many of us newbies hope that we can be as lucky as you. Congrats on 38 years and wish you many more to come.

Wishing a very dear and special lady a happy 38th valversary! Thank you for sharing your story. I agree that it is a true testament of a mother and daughter's love. You gave her the best birthday present she could ever receive 38 years ago.
Blessings to you....

Best wishes for a bunch more anniversaries. Your insights and supportive posts have to be encouraging for the new folks looking at this surgery.......helps some of us old folks too LOL.

What a wonderful story for us all to share. Congratulations to you, NJean, a day late but with much respect for you.
Today is my lucky thirteenth valversary and I couldn't be happier with my life and health. Catching up to you will be hard to do,
but this is a "race" we all can enjoy.

Bravo, vivacious valver!

Re: Today marks 38 for me!

Thanks for the emotional posting. It's so nice to hear stories like yours. Congrats!

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

What a wonderful story for us all to share. Congratulations to you, NJean, a day late but with much respect for you.
Today is my lucky thirteenth valversary and I couldn't be happier with my life and health. Catching up to you will be hard to do,
but this is a "race" we all can enjoy.

Bravo, vivacious valver!

Congratulations on your 13th valversary, Barb! I wish you many more to come and all in wonderful health! Cheers! :)

Congrats on your 38th anniversary. You are truly an inspiration to all that enter the valvereplacement.org website. Thanks so much for always sharing your insight, love and support for us all.

Latest posts

Back