Today is LeslieD's surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Hi Leslie-

Just wanted to wish you good health after your surgery today. You'll feel so much better afterward.

We'll all be waiting to hear about your experiences. Thinking of you today.

Hi Leslie,

I hope you realize how many people are along with you on this day. Today is the third anniversary of my AVR (3 weeks, that is). There are a lot of things I do not remember following the surgery, the medication has that affect, but I vividly remember recognizing how comfortable I was post-op and how little pain I was in. I had, and continue to have, some numbness and I still don't want to sneeze, but it turned out being much better and easier than I expected, even with the pre-op advice from our friends here.

Best of luck to you and keep us up on your progress.

Phil

Thanks for all the support

Thanks for all the support

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to let you know surgery went well I got home on Wed afternoon. I did have the Ross Procedure done and so far no post-op complications. My scar doesn't look that bad. I'm starting to have nerves wake up and finally realized today how much our bodies go thru with this surgery. I keep call my surgeons office and asking is this normal? LOL

Finding that there is not alot of pain. But having trouble with my nose being aggravated by 2 days of o2 and my hair is like straw. I have a hard time currently putting any thoughts on paper or writing and lose my balance some. I have a funky feeling between my ears lots of fuzzyness. ( I've been told this is due to the pump)I do take my meds. I having the sweating issue and have a found I can sleep in my bed with the help of many pillows. Also very emotional but when I look back a week ago I say, Hey I made to the other side.
Mom had to fly in to help and will probably stay 2 more weeks for my appts. My first follow up is 8/14 and then 8/16.

Everyone hang in there and keep writing.

Hi Leslie,

It's great to hear that you are getting some help from your mother. I also had surgery the same day that you did and really appreciate that my husband has been able to take time off from work and will be able to stay home next week as well.

I felt a little fuzzy between the ears, too, but have noticed it is decreasing a bit. I can't seem to spell or write out my thoughts correctly the first time either. This seems to be part of the whole experience. Keep up the positive attitude that everyone recommends. It really does help. Are you able to keep up with your walking rountine or does your balance interfere with that?

Dianne

Sounds like you're doing great, Leslie.

All those things you are going through are normal.
I sympathize with the comment regarding hair.
I was shaving my head until the surgery. Since then I've let it grow back. I should've kept shaving, because the hair that has come back since then is useful only for cleaning the wheels on my car. It looks like something off the Muppet show.

I remember this happened with my last operation too. It takes a couple of months to go back to normal.

In the meantime, you should notice much improvement in those symptoms over the next week. Try to take it easy and don't feel bad about accepting the help of others.
Take good care,
Kev

Hi Leslie .. Hope you're having a great day today. I can still sympathize with you about your concentration being off... and feeling emotional. That's all part of the deal. You're right that most think it's caused by the H/L pump. I felt like I had a major case of Attention Deficit Disorder. Had a hard time even reading the newspaper for a while. It will gradually improve. Many of us were also much more emotional than usual after surgery. Seems to be a body chemistry reaction of some kind. That also finally goes away.

Just don't sweat the small stuff ~ and remember: it's all small stuff :)

Hope you continue to feel better and more normal each day.

Take care ~

Dear Leslie - so glad to hear your voice and that you are over the top. It all gets better from here on. When you mentioned emotions, something clicked. I recall that after I first joined, we talked about "more tender feelings about things". I remember Robthatsme saying he had them, too. I couldn't believe how 'soft' my feelings were, but now that you actually say the word'emotions' it falls into place. Some of us take a long time to figger it out - DUH!

Sounds like you are coming along nicely and that's always good news for us. Keep on keepin on and God bless.

Latest posts

Back