To Somebody who needs these...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTZdad

Now that I have made it to the other side of my surgery, I would like to pass along some of the items that served me well beforehand. I have a copy of Adam Pick's book, The Patient's Guide to Heart Valve Surgery and an Incision Guard that he recommends in the book. I would like to send them to the first person who might not be in a position to purchase them on a whim. There will not be any compensation necessary as long as you promise to utilize them. I will even cover the cost of shipping them to you. I feel very blessed to have received so much help from members of this site that I really just want to do my share to contribute. Send me a private message with your info and I will send them to you. Once I have a winning candidate, I will update the thread letting everyone know that the contest is over. My heart and prayers go out to everyone facing the surgery. Take care and good luck to you all. You can do it! You're going to feel better than you think you will after it's over.

Tom

Tom, this is an excellent idea. I am going to shamelessly offer the same thing once your offer is taken up. I have Adam's Book as well as Coping with Heart Surgery book. I would be happy to send these on at my cost as well. Maybe, we could start a club where people send these to each other just like Hawaiian shirts used to be. We could all sign the books with our names and surgery dates and pass them on to the next valver.

You are a genius!!!

Tom, this is an excellent idea. I am going to shamelessly offer the same thing once your offer is taken up. I have Adam's Book as well as Coping with Heart Surgery book. I would be happy to send these on at my cost as well. Maybe, we could start a club where people send these to each other just like Hawaiian shirts used to be. We could all sign the books with our names and surgery dates and pass them on to the next valver.

You are a genius!!!
I like the idea of sharing our names and surgery dates. Looks like I'm not the only genius on duty tonight. I think that it's great that you are willing to pass your books along as well Vadim. You continue to inspire with your personal recovery story. I'm amazed at your progress. Keep it up!

Tom

It looks like I've found my winner! I received a PM from the lucky recipient this morning. The time has come to pay it forward. I'm glad that I will be able to help out someone else from the site. We're all on the same team, right? Go team! I'll be sure to include my info like you had suggested Vadim.

Tom

Sweet. Mine is up for grabs. So, we are adding Name, Age (or birth year), date of surgery, and what was done?

Great idea, gentlemen.
Happy you kind folks thought of it.

Greg.... I suggest Pre Surgery would be a good place for the sticky.

Is this book really a good read.....I am 1 week to surgery - triple bypass and aortic valve replacement - 51 years young and an avid mountain biker

Yup. Both are an awesome read. Adam's book is more so about his experience, and the Coping with Heart Surgery book is professionally written and covers surgery, before and after in super high detail.

If I was looking to purchase the cooping with heart surgery, is this something I could find at my local Barnes and Nobles? I'm kind of in a dark place right now and feel like I could use all the insight I can get my hands on.

I sent my book to Gribur, perhaps he can pass it on to you. If not, I agree that they really helped and are worth the purchase. Good luck with your surgery MrsBray. If you ever have any questions I am always open to sending a response. Happy New Year.

Tom

Hi Everyone,

I'm at the point where i'd like to pay mine forward as well. It's been a year since my surgery and I dont plan on needing it again :)

The first to respond via private message will get my incision guard and my copy of The Patients Guide to Heart Valve Surgery.

Latest posts

Back