To much Toprol?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

AaronB

I am curious my cardiologist has me on 50mg of Toprol twice daily and lately I seem tired all of the time! I had my AVR in January and just seems like at 8 months I should be feeling better. I have my a full check up coming up this month and plan on bringing it up but I wondered if anyone else had this problem? The whole point was to feel better and at this point I don't.

AaronB said:
I am curious my cardiologist has me on 50mg of Toprol twice daily and lately I seem tired all of the time! I had my AVR in January and just seems like at 8 months I should be feeling better. I have my a full check up coming up this month and plan on bringing it up but I wondered if anyone else had this problem? The whole point was to feel better and at this point I don't.
Hi there,

I was given the same script BEFORE my AVR. After a short time, I complained that it was making me dead tired. The doctor cut it in half and it was much better. Now after AVR, I am on 25mg of lopressor. It seems to be just enough to make me stabel and any less would have no therapeutic effect. Good luck with the MD!

Tom

I take atenonol,it will slow you down. Which from what I gather is what the drs want, less strain on the ole' ticker. I take it at night , not in the morning as it actually aids in sleep. Fight with the nurse's everytime Im in hospital, they want to give it to me in the morning..makes for a really lazy day.
Try taking it at night, you may be more energetic during the day..hope it works for you, love Yaps

Latest posts

Back