To Lorraine

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jean

Didn't know which place to post this, hope you see it. I read your reply in the Pre-Surgery section about your asthma and was very interested.

I too had been doctored for "asthma" since about 1948. In fact in '99 when my valve symptoms started getting worse, my family doctor thought it was my asthma. He gave me some new prescriptions for inhalers until I said I thought it might be my valve and demanded at cardiologists appointment. Boy were my instincts right. Had my avr in 1-2000.

My asthma is non-existant...Before I would visit my one friend with horses and just sitting on her porch I would have trouble breathing. Now I help her with her horses and nothing! I even rode one last month for about a half hour. Running doesn't get me. The hay may make me sneeze when I get a snoot of dust, but then I quit.

Still have some allergies...itchy eyes, runny nose and scratchy throat, but nothing that 1 benedryl doesn't fix for 5 to 6 hours and here we are in the peek of the season.

I have noticed this and mentioned it to my husband and he just said maybe it wasn't as bad a year as before...well that might explain the pollen problem, but what's with the horses? I just didn't say anything else because people look at me like...sure Jean! I really wonder if I had asthma at all. I keep telling people I feel better than maybe I EVER have.

Thanks for mentioning your disappeared "asthma". Anybody else experience this?

Latest posts

Back