To Jan

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Srosier

Hi Jan, I wasn't sure how to send you a message on coumiden but I thought you will probaly read this one.
I was worried like you and sfraid to eat anything green or have my glass of wine. Well I said casually to my heart Doc one day about missing my wine and he said you can have wine...... I said I can he said of course. He said a feww glasses will not hurt you. ... Then he said just don't drink enough to fall down and bust your head open...... he also said not to change my diet from salads and greens to much because they will adjust the coumiden to your diet. Now that made sense to me. It really a very easy lifestyle and you really just become used to going to the lab once a month or so for a while. In the begining I was there once a week. then it leveled off to once a month... Now depending on medications for other things it may vary. Some meds change your INR so its always good to check with the doc before taking new meds of any kind. Good luck to you on your pending surgery.
Sue

Hi Sue
thank you for the response, It is good to hear that we can still enjoy some of our favourite things,even if it has to be in moderation. I think my problem is that i know very little about warfarin so it seems scary to me ,But many of our members have been taking it for many years and seem to be coping very well.So I should take inspiration from them , as you and they speak from experience and that is the best advice I can get.

kind thoughts
Jan

Back