To get the thread back on track

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duffey

Me and Granbon
Supporting Member
I just reread the thread starter, perhaps more accurate to say Forum starter, from December, 2006. At that time I went by the member name, Mary. All information about Mary is forever lost, probably just as well, but the creator of The Order of the Tawdry Shirt is still listed, the one and only Tobagotwo. I sent him a message this morning to tell him that TOOTTS is generating interest among new and current VR members. Maybe he will stop by; I hope so. In the meantime, I think we’re all looking forward to pictures! Mary

I just visited this section and read the "Point of Order" rules. I had "minimally invasive" surgery for my Mitral valve and I didn't get the zipper. My incision is under my right pec and is barely visible now. Hard to take that picture with a shirt on. If I can figure it out I'll post something. Anyone else have an incision like mine?

I just visited this section and read the "Point of Order" rules. I had "minimally invasive" surgery for my Mitral valve and I didn't get the zipper. My incision is under my right pec and is barely visible now. Hard to take that picture with a shirt on. If I can figure it out I'll post something. Anyone else have an incision like mine?
Looking forward to it!

I'm afraid that a new thread called 'Getting this thread back on track' doesn't help point to The Order of the Tawdry Shirt. If this thread no longer exists, re-create it. If it DOES exist, search for it, add a new post, and it will return to life.

A thread with a title that includes 'back on track' is probably of little value - except to those who know which thread you're referring to.

..All information about Mary is forever lost, probably just as well..
as we progress in life we change from something to something else. I'll assume that most of us try to better ourselves (myself I've focused on me not my wealth) and so its always interesting to glimpse who we were. We all emerge from struggle, for some that struggle goes on long after birth (with various upbringings and parentings), but eventually we can see that we are in the clearing and no longer in the dark forest and we can then turn our attention to what we may make of ourselves.

I'm happy that I only have glimpses of who I was, no details, but just the core which evokes memories.

Thus my view that "its the journey not the destination"

@pellicle It appears that the original tawdry shirt pictures (circa 2006) are long gone, but I have copied Tobagotwo’s description of them “ . . . each garishly different and all grotesquely unfashionable, worn straight through the recovery as silk has excellent temperature leveling qualities and doesn’t irritate.” My recollection is of bright flowery patterned shirts in various shades of yellow, orange and mauve. A mix of 80’s Disco with a strong Caribbean vibe. A shirt that you would never wear anywhere anyone might recognize you.

The Tawdry Shirt was still circulating when I joined the forum in 2012. Although lots of people eventually posted photos in their own shirts, there was an original, specific shirt (plaid as I recall), that was actually sent from one person to another for the purpose. To be a true member of TOOTTS, you got that shirt, took and posted your pic, and then forwarded the shirt to the next person who wanted it. It must have disappeared sometime in the past few years.

I had "minimally invasive" surgery for my Mitral valve and I didn't get the zipper. My incision is under my right pec and is barely visible now. Hard to take that picture with a shirt on. If I can figure it out I'll post something. Anyone else have an incision like mine?

My incision was similar to that: under my right breast, about five inches long. Definitely not visible when I have a shirt on.

Back