tissue vs. mechanical

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

I'm having some trouble treating it. ... I'm curious as to what you know about treatments, and why the Stout or Guiness.

I'm sorry to hear that and not much at all aside from ensuring that you have an adequate supply for body intake. I'm not well acquainted with specifics of treatments. I only mentioned those two because I've heard physicians mention it many times and I know its got an amount of Iron that's biologically available. I don't think its the best source and if you can't tolerate drinking (I know that problem) then its not ideal

I have no problem killing yeast but am considering starting an organization called People for the Ethical Treatment of Vegetables.

this inspires a bad old school joke, but I'll refrain.

Sorry for not knowing more or being unable to help much there.

The treatments you mentioned provoked me to google the subject of Iron Metabolism

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5977983/
HTH

Best Wishes

Hi Dana

this is indeed a risk and different people suffer from it to different levels. Its usually in one of two groups
  1. atheletes
  2. people who may be borderline anaemic (but maybe didn't know)
As women are more likely to be in group 2 I strongly suggest being aware of the situation. As far as I know its easily treatable, but sometimes there are impediments. Eg my direct manager at my last role was anaemic, I suggested to her to have a glass of Stout or Guinness with her evening meal. She answered "that's what my Dr said", she went on to educate me that she is the sort of vegan who does not even drink brewed drinks because the yeast are killed. She's still anaemic to my knowledge. I had known she was vegan before that point. So I learned something new.
Anemic* And it is treatment for men as well as for women. Anemic can be treated with medication or eating sources of iron, or suppliment.

Latest posts

Back