Tissue Valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Just wanted to pass some information, I had my yearly check-up with my cardio and PCP. According to my cariologist, and he wrote this to my primary care physician, he is expecting my tissue valve to last 20 plus years. Of course that doesn't mean it will, but according to my PCP, he also said they are getting a lot of time out of these valves. I try to stay healthy, exercising and all and I am sure that helps the prognosis, but it sure does give hope that I may not need another surgery for anytime in the near future. Just wanted to pass that along to my friends with tissue valves.

good news indeed, it looks like the new valves could last longer than ever before, of course they are no quarantees in life but still nice to hear this story again and again,

I'm waiting for the day when they will 3d-print valves from our own stem cells. Now that will be something!!! Too late for me to try it, but happy for the future valve replacement patients. My nephew is 6 and has a BAV like I did (there are 4 of us born with this that we know of) . .hopefully his options will be one of these.

I chose a tissue valve at 56 years old back in 2009. 7 years later at 63 and my cardiologist is still sticking with her belief that it will last the planned 15-20 years. Good to hear additional information that validates that. Thanks for sharing.

yea I am a member on another forum which has so many with tissue who seem to be doing so well, for whatever reason most on here seem to be mech and a lot of the disscussions are based on advice on that, all in all good news

neil;n872195 said:
for whatever reason most on here seem to be mech and a lot of the disscussions are based on advice on that,

Actually I would have observed the opposite
1 most on here have tissue valves
2 if anyone dares to recommend a mechanical valve to a younger patient the pro tissue folk come out like they have had their team colours sullied

Myself on many occasions have recommended to people that at their advanced age a tissue would be quite suitable.

neil;n872195 said:
yea I am a member on another forum which has so many with tissue who seem to be doing so well, for whatever reason most on here seem to be mech and a lot of the disscussions are based on advice on that, all in all good news

What's the other forum?

so you reckon most on here are tissue? ok if that's what you think, , Sorry but where do you get this pro tissue come out against young people who choose mech? I don't , and I cant remember pro tissue folk having there team colours sullied? for what its worth there is no team colours we are ALL avr people, All i was saying was a lot of people come on here for advice on anti coags etc , whereas the tissue ones seem to disappear more, that's what the site is for, I do believe you know more about mechs and anti coags than almost anybody on here so why put comments down like pro tissue colours sullied, no need for it imo,

I tend to advocate for mechanical when younger folks pose the question. I also point out that I'm not expecting TAVR to be the norm if and when I need a replacement for my tissue valve and I don't think anyone should. I explain why I made my decision but don't feel I push my choice on anyone.

Regarding the point of this post, it's nice to hear that my valve MAY last 20 years. If that's the case, I probably won't outlive it.

honeybunny;n872226 said:
Regarding the point of this post, it's nice to hear that my valve MAY last 20 years. If that's the case, I probably won't outlive it.
And why not? You look smiley, healthy in your photo.

Back