Tissue Valve replaced 11/11/21-Relief

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

le19555

I was the guy since April 2021 who thought I could just exercise and eat right and somehow postpone avr, big mistake. On 11/7/21 I was walking to my car and barely made it. My son was with me and watch me pass out for a good minute in the drivers seat. He called 911 and I was ambulanced to White Oak Medical and had my valve replaced 4 days later. What a great hospital. I was very nervous but for all of you facing this surgery, don’t postpone it and honestly the anxiety level did not live up to the actual surgery. Once they put the oxygen mask on and give you that Marguerita the next thing you will be aware of is waking up in recovery. Pain was pretty bad first few days but it’s hardly noticeable 8 days out now. Remember these surgeon do the operations around the clock and they are incredibly gifted. You will be just fine and you will finally be able to enjoy planning and living your life again.

Thanks for sharing your story. Very glad to hear that you are doing well just 8 days out!

for all of you facing this surgery, don’t postpone it and honestly the anxiety level did not live up to the actual surgery

That is great advice not to postpone surgery. There is almost nothing to be gained by waiting and the risk of permanent damage and even sudden death if we delay.

Once they put the oxygen mask on and give you that Marguerita the next thing you will be aware of is waking up in recovery

Excellent point! It is a challenging surgery, but the outcomes are fantastic and the pros take care of the hard part. We get to sleep through it all and just wake up in recovery. :)

He called 911 and I was ambulanced to White Oak Medical and had my valve replaced 4 days later. What a great hospital.”

I had both my surgeries at local hospitals with great staff and surgeons. The perception seems too common that’s it’s Cleveland Clinic and a bunch of incompetent buffoons (being a bit facetious for effect). Truth is, the success rate is very high all over the world. Check your local team out. They’re likely very good at what they do or they wouldn’t be doing it.

Congrats on getting to the other side. Don’t rush things. Just get well. 👍

Latest posts

Back