Tips for Valve Ticking Fast

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinalovescats

Last night,my valve ticked fast a few times that I was startled.Normally,it happens once or twice for 30 seconds.

Is it normal for it to do that and any tips on what to do next time it happens?

Yep same, I haven't noticed it for a while now so so i guess it's either stopped or i don't notice, part of the healing process I assume, get the butterflys every now and then so I think afib but doctor told me since I'm on warfarin any way it's nothing to worry about.
It would sometimes tick tick tick fast and then pause , no tick for what seemed like an eternity but was probably a second or two and then away again.

i think it's not uncommon in general it's just we can hear it and thus stress about it

Its not your valve that ticks fast, its yourhearbeat. Your valve is just how youre able to hear it... Were you aware of that? I wasn't sure...

This is a very scary! I had an issue similar to this, but I was in SVT. My heart was racing faster than I could have imagined for what felt like hours, but was only for about thirty minutes. It was showing up on the pulse oximeter as a HR of 285...they wanted to shock me on my front porch. After a couple of ER visits and a couple of ablations we have the issue pretty well under control now.

i don't know if you are having the same issue, but it sounds like your heart converts to normal rhythm by itself.

Trinalovescats;n870267 said:
So it's not caffeine that causes it?

Not specifically. It's possible it may contribute to it for you, but not for me.

It probably happened to you before but you notice it more now

Back