tick-tock

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orangebrittainy

Well got the medical POA and Legal POA taken care of, quit taking most of me medications. trimmed my toe nails, shaved. Got the FMLA paperwork ready to go so DH can give it to the surgeon and mail it out. Got my phone list written down and p/w's taken care of. Found a simple way to keep family and friends in the loop with what's going on, since they can't be there. Just gotta cram in a few more papers tonight for school. The hardest part of all this was saying good bye to my four year old because it will most likely be over a week til I get to see him again. My heart cath is at 7 am tomorrow and I will be staying over night with a friend who lives close to the hospital. The time really flew by.

Can anyone think of anything I missed???

Sounds like you have a good handle on things. Just try and relax-dont sweat the small stuff.It will take care of itself.Remember you will be sitting in a chair by day 2 talking and communicating with thoughs around you quite well.You will be walking by day three.Take a deep breath it will all be fine.

Just an FYI, My son was able to visit me on Day 4. I didnt look THAT great but I was normal enough. My wife never left my side and my son was resenting me for keeping mommy away. If its possible it probably wouldnt hurt to have him see you. My son was 3. It helped him understand that daddy has boo boos and he had to be really easy with me.

Do you have a Recliner?
Many members report that more comfortable for sleeping for the first few weeks after surgery.

Best Wishes for your 'journey'.

'AL Capshaw'

Its a two and a half hour drive, and my husband won't be able to stay with me after Thursday. One of us has to work, just so we can pay the Mortgage. I don't know if he will have the gas money to make it to Duke again til its time to go home. Otherwise I would try to have him bring my son to see me.

Brittainy<

I slept in a recliner for about a week. I found it difficult to breath while lying flat. I was also surprised at how solid my sternum was right away. I felt strong enough in my chest to use my arms a little to assist in the recliner.

Be sure to use the spirometer for at least a few weeks.

Doug

thoughts and prayers are with! whenever i used the recliner, i had to have someone assist with getting me up and out, etc. the first night i came home, i slept in my own bed, propped up on lots of pillows, almost in a sitting position. as the days passed, i slowly took a pillow away until eventually after a few weeks? I only used 1 or 2 pillows which was great! my heart goes out to you and i know it was not easy to say goodbye to your 4 yr old. your time in the hospital will go by faster than you expect. take care and update as you can. bless you and your family.

Sounds like you have taken care of everything and are pretty well set. Will someone be updating here, before you can get back online?
You're in my prayers, for a very smooth surgery and recovery

Hi Brittainy,

Wishing you a very successful surgery. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rob

Sounds like you have taken care of everything and are pretty well set. Will someone be updating here, before you can get back online?
You're in my prayers, for a very smooth surgery and recovery

Lyn,
Brittainy has me "in the loop" so I'll post updates as I get them.

Back