Thursday is coming fast

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh - maybe it is my intercostals… somewhere around the ribs. I figured that pain came up after the more severe pains seemed to get resolved. Seems related to deep breaths.
it can also be damage to the cartilage sections of the lower ribs

1662031402811.png

Which are technically the costal cartliage.

you may also notice here that the sternum has a top section called the manubrium ... I've taken pictures of mine ... but I'm sure you don't want to see that

Whhaaatt? How did you take pictures of the manubrium?? x-rays or did you cut yourself? 😮
I did freak myself out a little by googling Nick's Root Enlargement since that was part of my procedure. Now with the discussion about valve sizing and the way the surgeon is trying to install biggest valve possible, that seems to make more sense. Especially with the On-X apparently being bulkier. It is quite interesting.

I went through 2 open heart surgeries in 4 days and always kinda felt like things didn’t go back together totally the same. I have a pretty good bump at the bottom of my sternum that I assume is scar tissue. Kinda funny seeing X-rays 25 years later with all those wires still in there.

I don't even know if I have wires .I see my surgeon next Tuesday I'll ask him. I know he used sternal plates .I'm going to start a new post on after the surgery. You guys are an inspiration Thank You all!

Funny you mention the bump on the sternum - I had that after my second surgery. But seems like they filed it off with my third surgery. It was really weird when I rubbed my chest - 4-6 weeks after the surgery - and my chest was smooth! The lumps were gone. NOTE - I do not recommend that technique to remove sternal scar tissue!

Latest posts

Back