Thoughts???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cactus52 - I don't think any of us can give you much thought if we don't know your condition or recent history.

That said, a TAVR may give you another option, if your other choices were, perhaps, mechanical or tissue valve replacement. TAVR is something to discuss with your cardiologist, your surgeon (if you've seen one) and, perhaps when it gets close to the time you have to choose, your family. And all of this may change during surgery, if the surgeon decides that your choice isn't the best choice at that time.

This might be a new option, but I would have to become more knowledgeable as to the comparative in-service lifespans of the TAVR valves versus conventional implanted valves. I do remember there is a limit as to how many TAVR one patient can have (unless they have come up with a way to remove failed TAVR valves).

There are a few different posts about this on the site - it was first reported a few months ago. If you were considering TAVR/TAVI I'd look at those. I think the basic take-away is, this new approval is for low risk but older patients, not younger patients (regardless of risk). Epstns was kind enough to mention another of the key points.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back