This Year's Check-Up

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epstns

Premium User
Supporting Member
Well, yesterday was this year's annual echo and consultation with my favorite cardiologist, Dr. T. (His name is so complicated to spell, they do just call him "Doctor T.") At this point, I am 6 1/2 years out from my aortic valve replacement and 1 year out from replacement of my pacemaker and lead. Well, the short version of the story is that, as Dr. T said it, "This year's echo is like a carbon copy of last year's. Everything is just as it was a year ago." We discussed my meds (in this case, just the hydrochlorothiazide and metoprolol are involved) and decided to leave them as they are. Doc is very happy that my valve and heart function are stable, pacemaker is doing fine and I am maintaining my weight, muscle tone, general health, etc. Not bad for a geezer. Doc and his staff all agree that I "hide my age well."

So, in short, it is as good as it gets. I am pleased, to say the least, and plan to keep MOO happy and healthy for a long time. I am ever thankful for all my friends here, and for those who were here but only visit occasionally now, as you all have helped me to make good choices in my medical care and to take good care of myself for the long term.

WTG! What a great appointment and sounds like everything you are doing has paid off! Stay that course!(oops, wrong thread,lol)

Wonderful news, Steve -- love cardio reports that positive! I have my 6-month appointment coming up end of August. Hoping my ticker is continuing to tick like a ticker oughta tick. Delighted to hear that you are doing well!

Latest posts

Back