this is of course why I go right ahead and ignore Nutritionists

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But the reason they "barely lived to 30" was unlikely to be due to the foods they ate, apart from when there was lack of food, ie starvation. Much more likely to be with illnesses, infections and accidents. The average lifespan of people up until the 19th century was around 40 years of age. There was always high infant mortality. What changed lifespan was clean water, control of infection, antiseptics and vaccinations - modern medicine.
Extending average lifespan allowed time for the consequences of an unhealthy diet to show up.

Nah the paleo and low carb folks don’t agree with the whole grains or fruit. Or even carrots.
seek a second opinion I say ;-)
PS: and the amount of selective breeding on grains, fruit and nuts from the 'paleo' times is so significant as to render the foods unrecognisable in many cases

I grew up with a Mom who made most of what we ate from scratch. She was an excellent cook, making bread, pies, cakes, cookies, canning fruit we picked and making jam. So, for breakfast I mostly ate sweet things. Leftover mince or apple pie was delicious for breakfast.
I had scratch made cinnamon coffee cake this am. I think I would’ve been very healthy had I not gotten the ascending aortic aneurysm at 34. I’ve always been lean, never worried about my weight.
Mom lived to be 101 1/2. She ate healthy all her life.

Latest posts

Back