This is funny

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That expresses my feelings about phones, and cell phones, perfectly.
My phone supposedly takes pictures, but I don't know how it's done, or how to download them. I just use it to call people, usually to tell DH I'm on my way home or for dog training or dinner dates.
Hang up and DRIVE!

"When the phone rings I go under the bed and curl up in the fetal position."

That's exactly right. I hate phone calls. Seldom do I get one that has any good news.

Good article Ross, well written and humorous. I'm glad my wife I have our cell phones, but I don't text at all so driving isn't a problem. I do take photos with it since it is easier for me to download those than it is to download photos from my camera. However, I am not one to stay on the phone all the time. I did that for so many years with work. Cell phones: yes, I could live without them. Mine, right now, is more of a positive though.

I have one and carry it with me. Emergency use only and only immediate family gets the number. I have had to use it. If I get a call, whomever is calling is going to have to wait until I can pull into a parking lot and check to see who called. If the number calling is not immediate family, no call back.

Excellent article.
My cell phone is for emergencies only. In 10 years of ownership, never had one. I'm just lucky I guess. Offhand I don't know the number. For an exercise try and find a cell phone that is a phone for emergencies--impossible. I don't need to surf the net, send e-mails, text message anyone or take photos. Because of where I live every call is long distance, even 911 costs more. I have 100 "free" minutes per month and they don't apply. My American relatives were shocked, shocked I say, to learn I didn't know my cell number and had never used it. So to get along I turned the thing on and gave them the number just in case they needed to talk to me while visiting different areas of Greenfield Village in Michigan. Well the thing rang and rang before I realized it was an incoming call and then I didn't know how to answer it. Worried about my health they were.
Some folk actually think I'm deprived if not depraved. Oh well.

Last edited:
For an exercise try and find a cell phone that is a phone for emergencies--impossible.

I don't know if this place deals inside Canada, but you might check into them: http://www.consumercellular.com/Info/Plans

I use the Anywhere Casual plan. Flat fee of $10 a month and 25 cents a minute if I use the phone (Free phone too). Never needed more then 20 minutes talk time so far.

I don't have a cell phone. I don't want one.

We very rarely use our cell phone, and my husband totally hates it....Well, when I was in a Montreal Hospital post op, he was going home to Ontario one night near midnight and the car broke down. He was about to flag down the next truck when he remembered I had bugged him to take the cell phone. He opened it, and managed to call the emergency help line for the provincial highways. Within 30 minutes a tow truck was there to take him off the highway to safety.
Cell phone: $30 monthly
Safety: Priceless :)

Excellent article.
My cell phone is for emergencies only. In 10 years of ownership, never had one. I'm just lucky I guess. Offhand I don't know the number. .........
Lance, practice reciting your number.....I learned this the hard way. Here comes another story:
I was at the horse stable and a horse was sick, colicking, time was of the essence, and luckily I had my cell phone to call the vet. The vet was already at another barn treating another horse, so he says: "I'll call you back shortly, what is your number?"
Uh, um, OMG what the heck is my cell number?
Now I practice the number, but I'm sure I'll blank out again in an urgent situation....;-)

I don't know if this place deals inside Canada, but you might check into them: http://www.consumercellular.com/Info/Plans

I use the Anywhere Casual plan. Flat fee of $10 a month and 25 cents a minute if I use the phone (Free phone too). Never needed more then 20 minutes talk time so far.

Ross,
That's an incredibly good deal, almost too good to be true. My plan is $32 a month with 100 "free" minutes excluding long distance plus taxes, HST and taxes Eco. And 911--why I have the cell, is an extra charge. I didn't pay for the phone although I probably am. Nothing is free.
Maybe I should try smoke signals.

Lance, practice reciting your number.....I learned this the hard way. Here comes another story:
I was at the horse stable and a horse was sick, colicking, time was of the essence, and luckily I had my cell phone to call the vet. The vet was already at another barn treating another horse, so he says: "I'll call you back shortly, what is your number?"
Uh, um, OMG what the heck is my cell number?
Now I practice the number, but I'm sure I'll blank out again in an urgent situation....;-)
Hi Bina,
Sorry to learn about the tummy upset. What was the outcome?
Expensive cell phone does have some use. My cell number is automatically displays when turned on.

Lance, my horse had a terrible colic. The ding dong barn helper had fed him grain outdoors in 32 degrees C.
He survived nicely, with lots of IV fluids, stomach drain, hours of hand walking, etc. (and $300.)
Thanks for asking.

Ross,
That's an incredibly good deal, almost too good to be true. My plan is $32 a month with 100 "free" minutes excluding long distance plus taxes, HST and taxes Eco. And 911--why I have the cell, is an extra charge. I didn't pay for the phone although I probably am. Nothing is free.
Maybe I should try smoke signals.

Tell you what, they mean every word they say. What you read is what you get. No hassles, no contracts, great support, about 97% of America has coverage, no roaming or long distance fees, free phone though you can upgrade to better phones for an additional charge. I got it through my American Automobile Club membership. I'm very happy with them.

Back