Theme Park Rides

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncdrummer

I asked my cardiologist about roller coasters after surgery and he said no. I was wondering if I was the only one who's enquired about this? On-X AVR here almost 3 yrs ago.

I don't "do" coasters, so I didn't ask. Also, I have a pacemaker and the huge induction motors used on most of the coasters would possibly disrupt my pacer, so I'm doubly locked out.

OK, I totally asked about roller coasters etc because I LOVE thrill rides and hadn't been able to enjoy them for about 3 years prior to surgery (I would grey-out at teh bottom of the hills, and feel really crappy the rest of the day). *I* was told that about the only thing I shouldn't do is scuba dive, something about pressure levels. Since I don't have any interest in that, I didn't follow up on it. But coasters? Hell yeah! I had my surgery on March 5, 2014, and rode Cheetah hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa in mid-May. An hour later I rode MonTu, then SheiKra. A few months later, I rode Falcon's Fury when it finally opened. My surgeon enjoys thrill rides too, so we had some great discussions about different coasters & parks. I found that my surgeon has more information regarding valves than my cardiologist does, mostly because my surgeon ONLY does valves, while the cardiologist does all kinds of heart stuff. I would ask your cardio why they advise against the rides.
That being said, OH MAN that first ride was flippin' GLORIOUS, I don't think I've ever enjoyed any coaster as much as that first ride last May. It was non-stop laughter and smiles and screaming, from teh first launch to the last break.
Oh, and in late June (16 weeks post op) we were at Dollywood riding everything that was open. Also went horseback riding, mountain climbing, and alpine sliding. I really celebrated having my old life returned to me!

Yeah, i avoided some of the faster coasters when i was only 3 months after surgery but you shouldn't have issues after a year or more of healing...

Latest posts

Back