TheGymGuy Updates.. 3/27/2012

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGymGuy

Hi all,

Hope this is the right place. V asked me to keep everyone updated throughout the day. We arrived this morning a bit before 6 and checked in. It all seemed fairly routine to everyone we talked to and the nurses were nice as usual. There was one nurse though that seemed shocked at V's age and good health. IMO, it was strange of her to keep asking "no symptoms at all..?" He was wheeled in right around 7 and hopefully we'll get updates along the way. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks for everyone's support on this board. You all have been a great support and source of info for us.

J

Hi all,

Hope this is the right place. V asked me to keep everyone updated throughout the day. We arrived this morning a bit before 6 and checked in. It all seemed fairly routine to everyone we talked to and the nurses were nice as usual. There was one nurse though that seemed shocked at V's age and good health. IMO, it was strange of her to keep asking "no symptoms at all..?" He was wheeled in right around 7 and hopefully we'll get updates along the way. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks for everyone's support on this board. You all have been a great support and source of info for us.

J

Thanks for keeping us updated, and yes, you posted the thread perfectly.:smile2:

Off the bypass machine the nurse just said. Just checking to make sure all is good and then will be closing. Aneurysm and valve in, they're checking for bleeding.

J

Another update. All done. Closing now. 2 "layers"? left. ETA 30 minutes and the surgeon will be here to update. Counting down the minutes. This last hour has been brutal.

J

Hang in there. You will be able to see him soon. Remind him if still entubated to remain calm (that darn thing will be out soon enough). Also, maybe take pen/paper with you in case he wants to tell you something and you can tell him you love him. I know I was roasting after surgery and my husband had pen/paper so I wrote "in fuego" he was able to get cool wash cloth for my face and head (felt yummy). Anyway, still have you guys in my thoughts.

Thanks everyone.

Just saw Dr S. Everything went as planned and was successful. 25mm valve replacement and aneurysm fixed. He's closed up and getting moved into his room now. We should be able to see him within the next 30 minutes or so.

Thanks for the updates J. I'm very happy to hear that Vadim's surgery went well. We're all pulling for him! I hope that his recovery is a smooth one. Good luck to you both.

Tom

We have a series of docs and nurses coming through now. Apparently he's awake and responsive. He was able to squeeze someone's hand and say he was feeling "eh..." Which is just like him. Still haven't seen him yet but they're taking out the breathing tube now. They said it should be soon..

Anxiously waiting..
J

Excellent. If he's already awake and talking, he's ahead of schedule, like I expected. I too had NO symptoms and was grilled relentlessly by my surgeon and other doubters. It happens. I attribute it to my marathon running history even though that was many years ago. V will be out of bed and walking by tomorrow morning, if not sooner. Just try to keep him from trying to powerlift the hospital bed. :)

This is awesome news, we all knew Vadim would make it through the surgery without any issues. We'll continue to pray for all of you as he progresses through ICU.

Great to hear. Hopefully by now you have had a little time to spend with him. You are both in my thoughts. He will do excellent. However, keep in mind that you need to take care of yourself also. Rest....Oh yea and give that little girl of yours a big hug.

He's doing well, already interacting with everyone including telling me that he's bored... Sigh :) We're trying hard to get him to rest, nap, anything. I'm home checking on the baby real quick and will be back to check on him later this evening.. Thanks everyone!

By the way, V wanted me to check to see how the other 2 that also had their surgeries today were doing. I don't see posts yet unless I'm not looking in the right place. Does anyone know? Thanks

Back