The morning of....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nlex

I was admitted yesterday, Sunday, April 27, 2014, 3:00 pm. Tests done, IV in, decent nights sleep. Mom and husband here. This morning I had the second antibacterial shower (reminds me of the silk wood movie). Now I wait. Prep pick up is at 11:30 ish. I don't care about not eating or drinking since I have no appetite. Waiting honestly sucks. I am not looking forward to the drains, etc. only hope for the backside of having more energy. Will post again after ....

I was scheduled for aortic heart valve replacement and triple bypass on April 28th , 2014 at London University Hospital at 1:00 pm . I live two hours from the hospital and had to be there for 10:00 am for pre-op . I arrived ready for my surgery and was admitted and gowned and all stats taken and I was in pre-op ready to go to the operating room . At 12:50 pm the doctor who would be doing the operation arrived at my bedside to tell me that unfortunately , my surgery had been cancelled due to a shortage of ICU beds in the hospital where I needed to go after surgery. I am at home again waiting for the doctor to call me again today ( April 29th , 2014 ) with a new date for my surgery . I will definitely make sure everything is ready before I make another trip for nothing . I had family who followed me there and had rooms booked for the day all for not.

Glad you had your surgery and hope all is progressing well with you.

Back