The Future of ValveReplacement.org

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hello everyone. As you can see, my name is Angie and I'll be the site admin so I can help you keep VR.org going in the manner of Hank and the rest of you.

I wanted to say HI as I know how it is to find your home on the internet changed and no one saying anything, it's disturbing.

I've been doing admin on forums for a some years now, and getting to know XenForo software. I plan to answer your questions on how to operate within it and find how nice it is. My favorite feature is the ability to copy and paste an image into a post you are making.

By the way, the VR.org sure would have been helpful in 2016 when Dad went through the process of having an Aortic Valve replacement via the TAVR method. Calf type valve for my Dad who was 85 at the time. I went to every doctor appt, hospital stay with him. So I understand a little bit of what many of you are going through. Fortunately, it worked out well for him.

I do have a request, I have not been on the forum before last evening. If you see something set up differently than it was before, could you let me know so I can make it as much as normal as I can - but s/w better.

You will soon have a way to opt-out of seeing the ads when logged in. There are a couple of more tweaks that may take us a day or two to get implemented. This version of XenForo is the latest so the developer is doing some tweaking.

VRAdmin is the account that will be used by Keith, he's the owner. But he doesn't actually get online much. He's just a small business guy that uses an LLC to keep business and home paperwork separate.

Also, in the next day or two, I plan to contact two or three of you to see if you'd be interested in helping me keep VR.org going.

Nice meeting you.

Tips and Questions for the new Xenforo Software

Last edited:

Seaton

Greetings Angie and welcome!

Thank you for the lovely intro and explanation. Really fantastic that you’re dedicating time to help keep this place running smoothly and efficiently.

The site is looking great and regular and a real pleasure to use these past few days. I suspect a lot more traffic will start streaming in from all quarters as news spreads of the new revamp and launch.

I wish you all the best in your new venture and look forward to rewarding days ahead as I visit the new look VR.org. Super.

pellicle

Professional Dingbat
Hi Angie, good to meet you.

There still seems to be DNS propagation issues in (at least) Australia, which I've solved by changing my DNS from my ISP to 8.8.8.8 (Google).

I like the look and feel of the new forum, and its snappy too.

Best Wishes

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
@pellicle , the DNS was changed over yesterday about 4 pm Central Daylight Time. I know it can take a day or two for the internet to recognize the change. And I'll double check with the developer about the forwarding from the old link to this one.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
@Seaton thank you, and I hope more do find it, as I think it is a great resource for the people looking at a valve replacement and their families. It is a whole nuther education.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
By the way there is work being done to make the forum look more like the old way so it will feel more like home. It may be tomorrow or the next day before it arrives. Please bear with us.

Seaton

By the way there is work being done to make the forum look more like the old way so it will feel more like home.
I agree with @pellicle. It’s pretty cool as is and refreshing to have a new look/fresh start layout that’s seems easy to navigate and follow. I imagine the look and feel will soon become second nature to all regular visitors.

I like it. 👌🏼

ottagal

VR.org Supporter
Hi Angie,
Thank you for your introduction as well as sharing your own personal story with a family member undergoing valve surgery. Glad it all worked out for him.

I would like to echo others thoughts re: the new site in that I am happy with the 'refreshed and innovative' look so far. Nothing wrong with renovations in the house if they are for the better. :).

I am beyond thrilled that VR.org has found a new owner and will continue.

Welcome to the VR family and please give Keith a warm welcome, too.

Last edited:

Paleowoman

VR.org Supporter
Hi Angie - good to meet you ! I must say it was a surprise yesterday morning (I'm in the UK) when I got a message that the forum wasn't there ! It was just I had to change the bookmark and everything became hunky-dory again !

Paleowoman

VR.org Supporter
I wanted to add, Angie, there's no forum like ValveReplacement.org in the UK. There is the Heart Valve Voice chairty but they don't have a forum and won't have one as their sponsers are some of the heart valve manufacturers which, I understand, can cause a problem. Valve Replacement is truly international !

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. And nice to know you are liking the fresh new look. I've let the developer and Keith know, so overall it should say as it is now, but maybe a little more work at the very top. I'm not sure yet.

Also, he was on warfin for years so I learned all about those INR numbers and how they can fluctuate.

I hope all of you have a good day today, and I'll be in and out so I can help where needed.

epstns

Premium User
Hi, Angie!

I've been off-line for a week or so - out toward the East Coast to visit family, so I haven't jumped in to the meet & greet here. I'm glad to meet you and I'm happy that this site will be getting some additional support as we move onward. Hank's heart was always in it, but his pockets and time bank had other demands.

Since today is my first visit (I didn't even know of the change until @pellicle emailed me while I was away), I'll have to get back to you with my observations on the site. One thing for sure -- the site's performance seems much crisper now. With the old software, one had to hit the "post" button, then start a pot of coffee to wait for the operation to complete.

Latest posts