The Fifth Anniversary of my Mitral Valve Repair

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayneGM

I haven’t visited here for awhile, but thought I’d check in today as it is the fifth anniversary of my mitral valve repair. It’s still holding up!!!

To be honest it seems like it was so much longer ago than just five years since I had the heart surgery. It is such a distant memory as so much has happened since then (unrelated to my heart). It seemed like such a big deal then. Now, the only reminder I ever had a heart problem is that my scar is a bit itchy as unfortunately it went keloid, although I did kind of expect it would before the surgery as I knew I was prone to them.

Cheers, everyone.

That deserves a WHOOP-WHOOP,OR FIVE WHOOP-WHOOP,WHOOP-WHOOP,WHOOP-WHOOP,WHOOP-WHOOP,WHOOP-WHOOP,
congrats.gif

Again happy 5th Wayne....so nice of you to let us know how you are getting along....I love to hear success stories.....thanks....God Bless

jeri

Hi Wayne!! Happy 5th to you!!!!! Mine is coming up in April and I know what you mean about it seeming like much longer ago than that. SO MUCH can happen in 5 years! Ain't it grand to be around for all of it??!!

My scar, which never itched very much, actually starts itching like crazy every once in awhile nowadays. I'm beginning to think I should watch the weather more closely or something -- maybe it's a better barometer than my arthritis!! :tongue2::tongue2:

Nice to hear from you!
Best wishes!

Marguerite

Hi Wayne!! Happy 5th to you!!!!! Mine is coming up in April and I know what you mean about it seeming like much longer ago than that. SO MUCH can happen in 5 years! Ain't it grand to be around for all of it??!!

Marguerite

I echo what Marguerite says--so much can happen in 5 years! I know that time flies and life changes in an instant, as it has with me as well these past few years. Like both of you, my 5-year valversary is coming up (June 16), and it's such a big milestone! Glad to hear the great news!!! :cool:

Best,
Debi

Gday Wayne,
I remember reading a few of your posts when I joined after my op, it's great all is well with you on your 5th. I to have just got back on line, I needed inspiration to get me away with other issues.

Latest posts

Back